Jun 11, 2007
The 1920 FA Cup final was held at Stamford Bridge:

HT3369-001.jpg

Yep, Ted was a ballboy!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed. I wouldn't want to be sat under it.

Or anywhere in it for that matter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You can see it bending, only needs one fat boy in it and everyone is dead!

I don't think its actually bending. Its just a slightly odd design, two roofs built at angles to each other. Its the very definition of RICKITY though, and I wouldn't trust it to stay in one piece during a goal celebration...

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Anfield can and does produce one of the best atmospheres going, perhaps not against the smaller clubs like Blackburn, Bolton or Chelsea mind.

Can you remember when Liverpool were big then? You usually find there is no atmosphere when a mid table club like Pool are playing fellow mid table clubs like Blackburn and Bolton, not many will admit that on a public forum, so well done la ?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Can you remember when Liverpool were big then? You usually find there is no atmosphere when a mid table club like Pool are playing fellow mid table clubs like Blackburn and Bolton, not many will admit that on a public forum, so well done la ?

:yawn:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I first went to Stamford Bridge in the early 70's - it was the game against Man Utd when George Best went awol and Alan Gowling came in. Depending on your perspective it was either a right old dump or full of character. A dog track and stands on stilts that made our Lego stand look like Wembley. There was a good atmosphere though. It does look much better than that now. Last time I went was Zola's first game for Chelsea - it was a still a decent atmosphere.

I was at that Man Utd game, think it was 1970, went with my mate and his brother who were both Chelsea fans. Always remember the Chelsea fans at The Shed end clapping and singing to The Liquidator before the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here