Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stagedoor coaches from Eastbourne?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone booked these? How does it work? The stagedoor site does not give many details including none about pricing. It also states that it's pricing is in association with BHA. I wonder if that's true as the area subsidised by the Albion does not extend that far east.

Any ideas?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Think you'll find they are running from Eatsbourne. Had an e-mail from them last week and from what I can remember it's about a tenner return if you just pay on the matchday. (Sorry deleted now).

I'll be travelling from Polegate and it worked out at £8, so it's the train for me cos it's cheaper and I can take my time after the game rather than the mad rush for buses.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That sounds reasonable although I've two kids so thirty quid does not sound so appealing.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
The stage door option is a good one and I know some routes are selling out with possibly a second coach being considered. The price advantage of this travel option is in the season ticket, where you not only can probably do it at the same price or cheaper than by train (certainly from Hastings), but have the convenience of a seat, no weekend engineering works or having to change at Lewes, exact timings (bar road incidents), as opposed to taking a chance at catching the train that could be full. They also offer a few pick up points that may or may not be nearer for you than the station.

At present they are taking bookings and communicating weekly with fans that have paid their £20 deposits or have made enquiries direct, and were waiting to see full demand once the travel information has been announced, maybe before opening the routes out further or advertising more. You can always phone or e-mail them with your questions they are helpful and I have found them not to be pushy sales types, wanting you to consider all options before booking with them.

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
Me and a load of others are booked with them from Henfield. It costs £115.00 per season which we have paid upfront, hopefully we will be the last pick up and the first drop off.

Looking at the clubs voucher scheme, we could get the bus into Brighton for a £1.00, and then have the hassle of getting the train to Falmer.

I understand they are planning to drop you at the stadium one hour before kick off, and the coaches will leave 30 minutes after the final whistle.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Sorry GCCM did not see you last post - with two kids that may work out expensive and rule out any other advantage as I do not think they are doing any reduced rates - but you can always ask them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry GCCM did not see you last post - with two kids that may work out expensive and rule out any other advantage as I do not think they are doing any reduced rates - but you can always ask them.

Lol. The kids are my fault, well and my wife:) the first was actually conceived after I'd watched the Albion thrash Chester 7-1 at their place. He doesn't know his heritage yet!

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Stagecoach are quite expensive. I signed up with them for coach travel from Horsham but when the costs were announced the price was nearly £9 per game based on signing up for the whole season. My local supporters club, NorthWestSussexSeagulls have aranged the same travel with a rival coach operator for just £6 per game, a third off the Stagecoach price. I cancelled my booking with Stagecoach and got my £20 deposit back. There are alternatives out there!

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Lol. The kids are my fault, well and my wife:) the first was actually conceived after I'd watched the Albion thrash Chester 7-1 at their place. He doesn't know his heritage yet!

I was at that match - but cannot claim any conception stories as a result - well that is apart from the conception of Zamora as a future Albion player after that hat trick - hope you called your son Bobby!!

Curly - Sounds a good deal, but that is from Horsham not aware of any alternatives from Hastings / Eastbourne. At least Stage Door went ahead and started the coach ball rolling in conjunction with the Albion and by quoting set prices for the season well in advance have put themselves up to be beaten. However, there must be a limit to just how many extra coaches the coach park can take especially if away fans come in loads as well! I know the Mid-Sussex Seagulls have done a similar thing and that Stage Door have already filled a coach from Burgess Hill, which possibly shows the demand for coach travel is big, but at just over £4 per match for the season ticket that is not a bad price, although train for a £1 is the other option!!

Stagecoach are quite expensive. I signed up with them for coach travel from Horsham but when the costs were announced the price was nearly £9 per game based on signing up for the whole season. My local supporters club, NorthWestSussexSeagulls have aranged the same travel with a rival coach operator for just £6 per game, a third off the Stagecoach price. I cancelled my booking with Stagecoach and got my £20 deposit back. There are alternatives out there!
I think you mean Stagedoor, not Stagecoach.

Does anyone know which coach operators are being hired in by Stagedoor?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I was at that match - but cannot claim any conception stories as a result - well that is apart from the conception of Zamora as a future Albion player after that hat trick - hope you called your son Bobby!!

Curly - Sounds a good deal, but that is from Horsham not aware of any alternatives from Hastings / Eastbourne. At least Stage Door went ahead and started the coach ball rolling in conjunction with the Albion and by quoting set prices for the season well in advance have put themselves up to be beaten. However, there must be a limit to just how many extra coaches the coach park can take especially if away fans come in loads as well! I know the Mid-Sussex Seagulls have done a similar thing and that Stage Door have already filled a coach from Burgess Hill, which possibly shows the demand for coach travel is big, but at just over £4 per match for the season ticket that is not a bad price, although train for a £1 is the other option!!

I would agree about not having heard of any alternatives from Eastbourne area. When spoke to them they were keen to sell a full season ticket or even a half one they were thinking of bringing in. My dilemma is that on the odd sat I may choose to go a bit earlier on the train with other mates for a beer. When I asked about booking games on ad hoc basis they were a little vague i.e. for a sat game when would I need to call and based on current season ticket sales how many floating places might be available. Obviously I appreciated that doing it on a match to match basis would cost more.

If anyone knows anymore details please let us know.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Coming from West of Worthing to the Amex, I decided that best to sign up for Seagulls Travel (Stage Door) as there is still no definitive detail about other options in terms of getting, not into but back out of the Amex.

Trains, Car parking etc seem fraught but who knows, by season 2012-2013 we may have a better idea in advance of how things will be.

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
Hi jon, got to be the train with a railcard, however this will only get you a discount at the weekend i think as there i
s minimum fare mon-friday check that though not 100% kids go for £1. not sure its worth bothering with the travel vouchers only valid between Lewes and Falmer

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Metalmicky - the match to match basis booking will depend on demand and spaces available. All fans that showed interest in the coaches have until 18th July to confirm their booking. After that there will be no new routes or extra coaches other than filling spare seat capacity on the routes booked to run. However, if any route has space capacity on a match to match basis you run the risk of the coach selling out as some matches such as evening ones could be more popular by coach then others. Which is why there will be no definite answers if you decide against the season ticket option. But as ferring says no doubt a few games in we will all have a better idea of capacity by coach, train and P&R, but until then lets just say 'eets complicated'!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hi jon, got to be the train with a railcard, however this will only get you a discount at the weekend i think as there i
s minimum fare mon-friday check that though not 100% kids go for £1. not sure its worth bothering with the travel vouchers only valid between Lewes and Falmer

Hi Rog? If that's you!

I'm not sure what I'll end up doing, but I'll bear that mind.

Cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here