Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium sponsor

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
This not another boring thread of “when is the stadium going to be called::thumbsup:

However, following from a reply the project office made to a question re advertising hoardings, they said I quote:

“The final design will probably have to wait until the main stadium sponsor is confirmed.”

Now the last bit “until the main stadium sponsor is confirmed.”

Sort of indicates that the sponsor is already known,

Exciting times

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You could infer that, but I personally don't read that much into the statement. The stadium is still over a year and a half away, I would imagine they've got a shortlist of preferred sponsors, and it'll just be about picking the main one from their list. I doubt the decision has been made yet, it's far too early to commit to such a decision. Besides, if we do get into the Championship, the rights will have to be valued much higher.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The sponsor is going to be Durex , as we always seem to f*** it up.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You could infer that, but I personally don't read that much into the statement. The stadium is still over a year and a half away, I would imagine they've got a shortlist of preferred sponsors, and it'll just be about picking the main one from their list. I doubt the decision has been made yet, it's far too early to commit to such a decision. Besides, if we do get into the Championship, the rights will have to be valued much higher.

Hi - Decision was actually made over a year ago, but things changed and the original sponsor will now not be.... Mr Bloom is still sniffing around though

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hi - Decision was actually made over a year ago, but things changed and the original sponsor will now not be.... Mr Bloom is still sniffing around though

Who was it going to be then?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Honestly don't know, only who it isn't going to be, as in the famous big Brighton employer....

So if you don't know who it is or was going to be, how can you be so sure that it isn't going to be them?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
So if you don't know who it is or was going to be, how can you be so sure that it isn't going to be them?

Oh I know who it was going to be - What I would say is that at the time, the money wasn't there (for the stadium) and the board were scrabbling around trying to get the wedge so wouldn't have been the best long term deal for the club - But now, I think club has more bargaining power, just a thought....

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Okay - I know who it WAS going to be, at one point, back in time, many a moon ago, a long while back. But that got canned.

Now, I do not know who it IS going to be.

Allright?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Okay - I know who it WAS going to be, at one point, back in time, many a moon ago, a long while back. But that got canned.

Now, I do not know who it IS going to be.

Allright?

So we go back to my original question - who was it going to be?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
In honour of TB, it will be called THE VIVARIUM STADIUM

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Last I heard it was down to three contenders.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I dont think we will know the answer until it is certain what league we are in when The Stadium opens,a Div 1 team is not going to find top line sponsors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here