Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Planning Update

Extract from a Report to today's meeting of the City Council's Major Project's Sub-Committee

Community Stadium

Work has continued with the Football Club on taking forward the plans for the Community Stadium. In particular, the following progress has been made:

• The Club have taken the design forward and have pre-qualified three contractors to tender for the building contract. In view of the current construction market, the Club have been advised to adopt a single stage procurement route. The design is therefore being taken forward a further stage by the design team (to Stage E) before going out to tender in May.
• The Club have progressed work on their Business Plan and are expecting to present the latest position to the Council shortly.
• Potential planning applications for change of use of the office element under the East Stand for educational use by City College; for design changes to the stadium to address legislative and good practice changes; for chalk disposal; and for the widening of Stanmer Park Road have been discussed with planning colleagues.
• A funding agreement between the Council and SEEDA covering the delivery of the infrastructure works is close to being agreed.
• In accordance with the decision at P&R on 27 September 2007, notice has been given to the tenant farmer on the council-owned part of the stadium site.
• Discussions have taken place with the Football Club and City College on a proposal for a new building for City College adjacent to the stadium. However, this proposal is at an early stage as the educational case has not been considered by the council and there are significant planning, funding and property-related risks which would need to be addressed.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Is it liekly to be a one day midweek event? It would be nice if they would give us plenty of notice, so I can organise some annual leave.

Nice to see some steady progress is on going.

Do you think LDC are going to play ball with the Construction Sign application?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
New planning applications eh? Crikey

I wonder if the stadium will look the same as the designs (which let's face it, are now probably out of date)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
"The decision at P&R" is of course the council's Policy and Resources committee, and nothing to do with park 'n ride...

Lord B, did you expect it all to go any faster or slower than this?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How dare the club infer they are getting on with this when so many see this project as a joke that will never happen.

New planning applications eh? Crikey

I wonder if the stadium will look the same as the designs (which let's face it, are now probably out of date)

The stadium design is definately out of date, for work I looked at some of the German stadiums used for their Euro championships, stunning.

Things have moved on greatly, when you consider also the Allianz stadium in Munich, Germany and the Olympic stadium both use a skin on the outside but hides a basic steel and concrete infrastructure. Looks great but cheaper!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The stadium design is definately out of date, for work I looked at some of the German stadiums used for their Euro championships, stunning.

Things have moved on greatly, when you consider also the Allianz stadium in Munich, Germany and the Olympic stadium both use a skin on the outside but hides a basic steel and concrete infrastructure. Looks great but cheaper!
The Allianz Arena is way cool, man!!!

munchen_allianz4.jpg

The Allianz Arena is way cool, man!!!

munchen_allianz4.jpg

Absolutely stunning.

The lights on the outside change according to who is playing there, I think red is Bayern Munich, blue Munich 1862, white is Germany, so when we ground share we Lewis we could do the same.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Absolutely stunning.

The lights on the outside change according to who is playing there, I think red is Bayern Munich, blue Munich 1862, white is Germany, so when we ground share we Lewis we could do the same.

The people of Falmer village might -- justifiably -- point out that a gigantic glowing ring wasn't in the planning application.

Of course, we could argue that Lewes DC left us all with a gigantic glowing ring...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here