Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium MK

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Yesterday was my first visit. The stadium looks very odd from the outside. It looks even less finished than The Amex. It could really do with some panelling around the outside, looks really weird with all those big gaps, surely they are not going to leave it like that?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Stadium MK isn't a bad ground but not the best. If they done the top tier then it would clearly be alot better but the amount they get at that ground (attendance) is shocking and would be a waste of time building the top tier.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
First visit for me too. In a way I understand why they haven't done the upper tier, it's pretty clear they struggle to get more than 7,000 of their own fans along, and even yesterday the MK Dons sections completed looked sparsely populated. They just can't fill it even two-thirds done, and probably never will. Lucky for them we didn't get the World Cup, they'd have filled a 40,000-capacity ground once, and then back to the usual 6k.

But it does look terrible and gives the impression outside and inside of a shoddy job not finished, plus the car park was a shambles. There were cars trying to come IN to the gym blocking hundreds of cars trying to get out.

Having said that, there are aspects of that ground I liked, especially those big wide concourses for the food stands from where you get down to your seats, reminded me of some of the better baseball stadiums I've been to in the States.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As we left yesterday some old pensioner in an MK scarf came up to us and said "So, your new stadium should be ready soon then, I've seen the photos. Do you think it'll be very much like this place?"

To which I replied

"No sir. It will be full".

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As others have said the concourses are good. Uninspiring from outside and empty inside. Don't like the big hole between roof and second tier.

Also why did one set of toilets only have cubicles meaning a huge half time queue whereas the other with urinals was flowing nicely!!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Cold, soulless, sad, depressing. For me, this describes the stadium, the fans and the town.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also why did one set of toilets only have cubicles meaning a huge half time queue whereas the other with urinals was flowing nicely!!

Oh I know. Not only did it have no urinals but it was full of women. Unbelievable.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I don't intend on ever going back there. Cold, Souless & a natural windtrap so came home freezing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand all the beefing about it as I think that it is a stadium that is easily accessible, easy to enter and leave with little or no hold ups and the seats have plenty of legroom and are comfortable. The view from where I sat was very good. Should they ever get to rise up the divisions, which is ulikely, they can always add more seats up top but at the moment it is more than adequate for their needs.

As others have said the concourses are good. Uninspiring from outside and empty inside. Don't like the big hole between roof and second tier.

The Male toilets on the right hand end with only cubicles was a ladies toilet which had been redesignated as male. The clue was in the 4ft high female icon on the wall with a sign screwed over the middle of it saying 'male for this event'.

Wish they'd clad the outside, standing at the back with the wind behind us was horrible. But outside the ground it wasn't windy at all...? So is the design of the stadium at fault? The air is getting channelled or something?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was cold and some very poor stewarding about which way you could get out but what do you expect when nearly as many stewards as home fans.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
It was cold and some very poor stewarding about which way you could get out but what do you expect when nearly as many stewards as home fans.

I felt sorry for the stewards trying to stop people smoking in the toilets. As a smoker myself i cannot see how people can't last 90mins without a fag!

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Yesterday was my 3rd visit & my last, hate everything about it.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
The steward at the bottom of aisle 32 was asked by a father and very small son,about 40mins before ko, if they could move to the front so that the boy could see. The steward said he was unable to do anything until he saw how many fans turned up and they should sit in their allocated seat for now. Just after ko the same steward came up towards the back of the stand collected the father and son and moved them to the front, top stewarding in my book.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We asked the steward if it was allocated seating or sit anywhere and was told allocated. When we arrived our seats wre occupied and the people said theirs was also occupied so the stewards said it would be too difficult to move so just sit where you could. It is a problem but at least everybody down the front sat down so we were all able to see the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here