Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stadium funding

skr80

Oct 9, 2003
I seem to recall Mr Knight saying funding was all in place, backers were there, and it was now all waiting for the planning outcome. Now we appear to have the stadium, will these mysterious benefactors come forward, or was it all hot air / spin being delivered.

Maybe we can't afford to build the stadium hence the 2 year delay in trying to start building it?

No-one has ever mentioned "benefactors". We are talking about financial institutions prepared to lend the money on the basis of a long-term return that will be assured against future income.

It's just like any other mortgage.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I was aware there was a year while we sorted out building contracts ect. No idea where two years came from. I dont think 2010 season would be banded about if we weren't fairly confident we had the cash.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I was of the understanding that it will be a 2 year wait..

From todays announcement on the official site -

"It looks like we'll be able to start moving the project forward very soon, start work on securing the financing, completing the legal agreements, and ultimately beginning work on the site towards the end of next year"

Stop scaremongering:angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was of the understanding that it will be a 2 year wait..

did you read that on NSC? if so theres ya problem :thumbsup:

seriously though I've only ever heard & read (yes including NSC) that its 1 year, that from DK & MP themselves

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
The most important thing to build is the path from Bevendean to Falmer, so I can walk over the hill and watch the building progress :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
get funding finalised and in place, tender for contracts, contractors have to schedule fabrication of ironwork etc. building isn't going to start Thursday lunch time, is it. It will apear as if nothing is happening then suddenly shoot up in about 6 mths.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
MP said at the Supporters Club AGM that they still neded to do some detailed design - particularly as stadium design has moved on in the 6 years since they 1st started this. They couldn't start some of this work until they knew the application was 'safe'. What with this and all the stuf you have to do about tendering for the build contract (its a bit bigger and more complicated than yer average conservatory, lets be honest) he expected building work to start late 2008.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Its a pity that with all of the delays - BoI interest rates are at a peak 5.75%, coupled with the sub-prime lending squeeze that isn't going to go away soon

If this had been sorted 2 years ago - they could had shaved 2% off repayment interest or a third !! - thats a lot of cash on such a large project (albeit funding coming from various sources)

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
From todays announcement on the official site -

"It looks like we'll be able to start moving the project forward very soon, start work on securing the financing, completing the legal agreements, and ultimately beginning work on the site towards the end of next year"

Stop scaremongering:angry:

scaremongering? why? if the finance is all in place as we've been promised all along, why does the club now need to "start work on securing the financing"?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The plan has always been a one year 'out to tender' period, followed by building commencement. Martin Perry has said that so many times i'm not quite sure how anyone could possibly have missed it or misunderstood it?

I think the club mean that the financing (football trust / national lottery grants) has ALWAYS been on the table..they just need to pass sort codes etc!

Now they just have to sell building rights.. we couldn't start that til now as they have had to be paid by us all this time

Last edited:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I think the club mean that the financing (football trust / national lottery grants) has ALWAYS been on the table..they just need to pass sort codes etc!

but as brackers is hinting at above, there are financial institutions to add to the grants etc. and these fellas are not in place.......

1066gull

Until you newbies get 1000 posts, I don't listen to a word you say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here