Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Finished in June?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
He was certainly not telling you a lie!

They are quite behind on the interior. A friend of a family relative (yes, I know, but I'm not joking!) worked for 2 weeks in the interior for the company responsible, but they were very behind, got fined, and have now ceased trading for a while. He worked 2 weeks and got no pay whatsoever. So yes, they are working their bollocks off to get it done, but to be honest Tony will pay what it takes to get it done, this means much to him as it does us. :yahoo:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Shirley there are some hefty penalty clauses for late completion/handover, you would imagine that Buckingham will not want to pay such things or be known to have delivered late on such a project.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Paul rogers said last Friday that they were 'within 3 days' of schedule

That's simply not true, but I understand why he has said that because, at the end of the day, it will definitely be ready when it needs to be.

Shirley there are some hefty penalty clauses for late completion/handover, you would imagine that Buckingham will not want to pay such things or be known to have delivered late on such a project.

It was/still is a seperate company responsible for interior. Buckingham build it, another company kits it out.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
So the company fitting the stadium out will be hit with a penalty clause if their part is not completed on time then

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Lighten up people.
Anyone that works or has worked on multi million pound contracts knows that there are so many extras, VOC's (variation of contract) that completion day goes out of the window if is is only a few days/weeks behind schedule.
Tony Bloom has made so many changes, by upgrading certain specifications that they will extend the finish date, eg: the new 1901 suite in the East, that is a major VOC and will extend the original finish date.
If they were still fitting the roof, then yes, penalty clauses would be liable. They may be a few days behind, but a week behind on a £100 million contract is nothing, in fact the project managers and all the builders should be commended.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Whats the guy with the hose doing?

Great photos Art, I am getting very excited now!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Who cares if it's running a little late?
We've waited 14 years for this, a few more days won't make any difference.
As long as it's ready in time, that's all that matters.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
The place is looking good, If I had to criticise though the railings in the pic don’t look that straight, what will they look like in 5 years.

Nice pics though and I will be happy when we see some green on the Falmer Webb cam.

Noldi

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Pretty sure I have read it was a 'fixed price' project as well whatever that means... So the price won't change anyway - although what's a few grand on a £100million project?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here