Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stadium coming along nicely

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
:It's easier to be a smart arse when there's a drawing in front of me :blush:

There are some smart arses on here who wouldn't find it easy.... unless you gave them some coloured crayons

Jul 5, 2003
I always understood that rusty reinforcement rods were bad for concrete as they can cause it to 'blow'.

Does anyone in the construction industry know if opinion has now changed?

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
I think you are getting confused by reinforcement bars and Structural Steel (girders) Structural steel would not be allowed to be corroded (rusty) but reinforcement bars (rebar is ok, surface corrosion only) as it helps the adhesion of the concrete rather than a painted rebar.

""experiments have shown that if the bar is not painted but has a natural rusty surface a very considerable adhesion between the concrete and steel - as much as 2 cwt. per sq. in. of contact surface""

I have asked many people in the office here ( Quantity Surveyors )and none have heard the term BLOW, only blow blasting, to clean surface corrosion.

Sorry cant help further.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think you are getting confused by reinforcement bars and Structural Steel (girders) Structural steel would not be allowed to be corroded (rusty) but reinforcement bars (rebar is ok, surface corrosion only) as it helps the adhesion of the concrete rather than a painted rebar.

""experiments have shown that if the bar is not painted but has a natural rusty surface a very considerable adhesion between the concrete and steel - as much as 2 cwt. per sq. in. of contact surface""

I have asked many people in the office here ( Quantity Surveyors )and none have heard the term BLOW, only blow blasting, to clean surface corrosion.

Sorry cant help further.

You mean sand blasting instead of blow blasting?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I've seen the pictures and they look great. But I can't get the vision of the muddy field out of my brain - and nor do I want to. I will not accept that we have a new stadium until I've actually visited it. After this long it is just too unreal and dreamlike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here