Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stadium coming along nicely

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I love the first picture. Somebody has been busy with photoshop!

0,,10433~6899253,00.jpg

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I used to stand on the shelf (the big step half way up) on the east stand as a young lad in the 70s.

I recognise the view.......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The 1st picture sends a shiver down my spine :falmer::yahoo:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are they recreating the Goldstone?

A packed West Stand, and spectators BANNED from the East side.

Marvellous scenes.

They're trying to create what the stadium will look like at one of the "ramp up" games. :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Who's the girl? *slicks back hair*

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
0,,10433~6899244,00.jpg

I've always wondered what these are for? Been sitting there for weeks now - Anyone?

Its one of four reinforced concrete walls (thrust walls) there will be two at each end to support the roof and i think the two large roof trusses. If you look at the construction plan in the swindon programme you can see them marked thrust walls. The mass of steel is vital as they will be subject to a huge amount of weight. Natterjack can probably give a better description.

Its one of four reinforced concrete walls (thrust walls) there will be two at each end to support the roof and i think the two large roof trusses. If you look at the construction plan in the swindon programme you can see them marked thrust walls. The mass of steel is vital as they will be subject to a huge amount of weight. Natterjack can probably give a better description.

I'll have a go.

The top left of the picture shows a thick section of vertical steel. This thick section is buried below ground and a thinner wall extends around 8m high (the long steel that you can now see in the web cam), before widening in a 'fish tail' to around 3m wide. This is the section that will accept the arch steel.

Sounds complicated, and it is.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'll have a go.

The top left of the picture shows a thick section of vertical steel. This thick section is buried below ground and a thinner wall extends around 8m high (the long steel that you can now see in the web cam), before widening in a 'fish tail' to around 3m wide. This is the section that will accept the arch steel.

Sounds complicated, and it is.

Lol! I'll think leave the technical stuff to the experts in future! Thanks for the info.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here