Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
[yt]3GwjfUFyY6M[/yt]

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What's the difference between a recommendation of "Grant" and "Minded to grant"?

Minded to grant usually means it subject to additional information and/or the signing of a S106 legal agreement. S106 is used by the Council to secure monies to upgrade or provide infrastructure to make the stadium work, ie. money to fun platform improvements etc.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What's the difference between a recommendation of "Grant" and "Minded to grant"?

The A-Z of planning Co, planning solicitors

Minded to grant
Often planning committees resolve that they are "minded to grant" planning permission subject to the completion of a planning agreement. Planning officers have delegated powers to issue planning permission when the agreement is finalised. A minded to grant resolution does not constitute a planning permission.

In this instance, I suspect it means subject to other conditions such as transport etc. Need Lord Bracknell or Alex Dawson on here for clarification.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The planning officer of the south downs national park authority has recommended no objection is made to the applications as long as a few minor conditions are met so that's good news from them as well, Although he has recommended an objection to the training academy but set out a few conditions if adur council are minded to approve it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The planning officer of the south downs national park authority has recommended no objection is made to the applications as long as a few minor conditions are met so that's good news from them as well, Although he has recommended an objection to the training academy but set out a few conditions if adur council are minded to approve it.

Really? The proposed training ground isn't in the National Park.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am assuming that, as there is no mention of a link to any other infrastructure improvements in the substantive text, the "minded to grant" refers to the approval of the preceeding item, so once the car parking at Falmer High School is okayed then technically the recommendation for the variation changes to "grant"

All good news and hopefully we will kick off next season with a two tier east stand and the south-east and south-west corners filled in.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The A-Z of planning Co, planning solicitors

Minded to grant
Often planning committees resolve that they are "minded to grant" planning permission subject to the completion of a planning agreement. Planning officers have delegated powers to issue planning permission when the agreement is finalised. A minded to grant resolution does not constitute a planning permission.

In this instance, I suspect it means subject to other conditions such as transport etc. Need Lord Bracknell or Alex Dawson on here for clarification.

We just got a questionaire through about the Lewes Road proposed developments through and I am sure this will help our cause. Which may I add they have the grant for and will go ahead.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
:clap2: Looks like I'll be in the Upper East next year then! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here