Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium aerial view

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It is the wrong way round though isnt it?? Shouldnt the main 3 tier west stand be to the right of the pic at the western side??
Looks rather good though!!!!! :falmer:

Yes, you can see from the angle of the roof behind the, er, stand behind the south goal is going the wrong way!

oops!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Yes, you can see from the angle of the roof behind the, er, stand behind the south goal is going the wrong way!

oops!

I think it is the right way round but it's the earlier design form the Leyton Orient programme a couple of seasons ago when both the East and West stands were two tiered.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Being a complete thicko I never know which side of the train to look out of when I very occasionally take the train on that line, but I presume the site can't (yet) be seen from the train anyway?!?!

You definitely won't ever be able to see any of it from the train.

The council boundary between Brighton & Hove and Lewes runs down Village Way, which meant that for the application mentioned by TLO above, we would have had to seek planning permission from an application submitted to Lewes District Council (as it is their land). As we correctly envisaged that would have been a much more long winded and tortuous processs than the one we actually endured, with no degree of any certainty that the application would have been approved (which it probably wouldn't!)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
is the away end going to be the end furthest away from the station or nearest? i read somewhere it was going to be near the coach parks so i assume that's the other end to the station? so our main home end will then be the end closest to the station - as it should be.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
is the away end going to be the end furthest away from the station or nearest? i read somewhere it was going to be near the coach parks so i assume that's the other end to the station? so our main home end will then be the end closest to the station - as it should be.

North stand closest to station is home end, south stand is away.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Yes, the North Stand is the home end - nearest the station. We are coming home.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
How long will it take to walk from station to the ground apx ? not knowing the area I'd be interested to know. Also, any pubs on route ?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
How long will it take to walk from station to the ground apx ? not knowing the area I'd be interested to know. Also, any pubs on route ?

2 minutes i reckon.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The council boundary between Brighton & Hove and Lewes runs down Village Way, which meant that for the application mentioned by TLO above, we would have had to seek planning permission from an application submitted to Lewes District Council (as it is their land). As we correctly envisaged that would have been a much more long winded and tortuous processs than the one we actually endured, with no degree of any certainty that the application would have been approved (which it probably wouldn't!)

Um, not quite.

Village Way South is in Brighton & Hove too. Not sure who owns the lands, though.

Last edited:

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

no pubs on route. Nearest pub is The swan, i wonder if he'll open on match days. The Hikers is about 10 min walk from station but opposite way to stadium......back along lewes road towards Brighton......a great Albion pub near to the ground!!!

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
I think its something to do with Lewes DC own that part of the land. I'm sure its something to do with Lewes.

I also think it's something to do with Lewes. And can I also say that I'm sure it's something to do with Lewes?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Being a complete thicko I never know which side of the train to look out of when I very occasionally take the train on that line,

Does that help?

falmer1mx6.jpg

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Does anyone know the reason why the Church didn't sell us that empty bit of land next to the stadium?

Does anyone know the reason why the Church didn't sell us that empty bit of land next to the stadium?

The Church Commissioners answer directly to parliament and can only sell land that they own with parliamentary approval. That's an incredibly complicated process. To the best of my knowledge, the club decided it wasn't worth while asking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here