Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

St Pauli v Wolfsburg roll call

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have just read an article about the St Pauli sausage train. Genius.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Went to see St Pauli in may when FC were invited there as part of their centenary celebrations. Have nothing but praise for the set up they have there.

Was able to stand on a terrace, a pint in one hand and a fag in the other. Bliss.

Talk about being selfish, bet the non smokers around you were happy to be inflicted with your life threatening second hand smoke :angry:

Dandyman

In London village.
So, did the party of Albion fans who went over this wekend all end up in the Wolfsburg end then??

Nah, some of us in the St Pauli end (just behind Schteve) and some with the Wolfies. They have terraces, it costs 14 euros in the bit we were in, you can drink and smoke on the terraces, they stand and sing for most of the game, have flares and flags and a cracking atmosphere.

Obviously Withdean is far better...

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
How are the hangovers everyone?
Crap game, brilliant atmosphere (how many times have I said that at the end of a game at the Millerntor?) and lovely to see so many Albion around!
Hope you liked the beer mugs with the hollow handles so you can stack 'em three to a hand if needs be....
and cheers to Andy, Tim and the TSLR crew for the singalong!:)

Dandyman

In London village.
Crap game, brilliant atmosphere (how many times have I said that at the end of a game at the Millerntor?) and lovely to see so many Albion around!
Hope you liked the beer mugs with the hollow handles so you can stack 'em three to a hand if needs be....

Fantastic place to go. Many thanks for your help on the tickets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did anyone ride the sausage train?

WGC ultra

Nov 23, 2010
Absolutely brilliant atmosphere in 24,000 plus crowd. Fantastic entrance to AC/DC (?) music ("Hells Bells" ??). Beer available all the time and standing ! Enjoyed Attila afterwards at local wine bar. I'm annoyed that I've waited until I'm nearly 62 years of age before going.
Thanks to Rumble and Ali for organising it all. Bed early last night with guts playing up but it was well worth it.
Thanks to Wolfsburg for tickets and to Attila for the home ones.
I want to go again fairly soon !!
T

aviaviavioioioi

Sep 29, 2009
Seaford/Brighton
Absolutely brilliant atmosphere in 24,000 plus crowd. Fantastic entrance to AC/DC (?) music ("Hells Bells" ??). Beer available all the time and standing ! Enjoyed Attila afterwards at local wine bar. I'm annoyed that I've waited until I'm nearly 62 years of age before going.
Thanks to Rumble and Ali for organising it all. Bed early last night with guts playing up but it was well worth it.
Thanks to Wolfsburg for tickets and to Attila for the home ones.
I want to go again fairly soon !!
T

Sounds great. St Pauli is not just about the politics that's a small part of the club/culture it's more about having a good time at the games getting pissed etc. I like St Pauli not for the left wing stuff but because all people are welcome,they have shit loads of English fans that go their games because of the atmosphere. It can feel like your in a mosh pit sometimes it's brilliant.

WGC ultra

Nov 23, 2010
I gather it's in the VIP area. As some of us were behind Steve McL at the side we didn't get a chance to sample it. Shame ! Amazing start with sparklers and atmospheric music and fantastic songs being sung as well.
They even gave us a few rounds of "You're shit and you know you are", I would like to think to thank us for coming and to see us so happy.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer

Many thanks for your help with the tickets John. And sorry for sending the Oaf to collect the tickets from you.

Steve McClaren is also a legend for sorting us 9 tickets in the away end.

It was a great trip. If only football can be enjoyed like that in England. Yet again we watch a Bundesliga game and think how much we could learn from the Germans. punk:punk::albion2:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im sure this experience is the same at most bundesliga games. Especially then standing, beer and smoking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here