Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] St Albans Cathedral commision repainting the last supper with Jesus depicted as Black

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pot Kettle Black

Caught the 'heated' debate on ITV this morning before coming to work, with all that's going on in the UK, Covid, serious civil unrest, potential recessions and mass unemployment, as I originally asked where will this all end?

Whilst the girth is widening, the hair greying, I'm glad I'm 55 and not 25.

Perhaps he’s referring to the other hundred threads? :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Putting the 'interesting' stories of to one side and assuming this chap did exist, it's quite arrogant of the various churches to assume he was white in the first place owing to where he lived.

A middle-eastern Jew described in his biography as 'swarthy'. He absolutely did not look like the White European usually accepted across America and most of Europe.

If he existed (either as a preacher, prophet or deity... Depending on your belief system), he should at least be depicted in a vaguely authentic way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My only comment is why haven't the dynamic duo arrived yet? Are they permanently trapped in the pit? :eek:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Mary and Joseph would be the translated nearest English version of Hebrew names

The form of Aramaic (not likely to have been Hebrew) that they probably spoke at that time in what is now Palestine (or whatever you choose to call that territory) would have them as Maryam and Yosep, which translates to modern UK English as Stacey and Wayne. Obviously.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
The form of Aramaic (not likely to have been Hebrew) that they probably spoke at that time in what is now Palestine (or whatever you choose to call that territory) would have them as Maryam and Yosep, which translates to modern UK English as Stacey and Wayne. Obviously.

Having read this thread I think I might need to say some "hail staceys"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
funny thing is the painting depicts a black Jesus, while all his disciples are still white. almost as if its just done to create discussion/controversy.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Someone has painted a picture and the OP has once again pissed his pants before the kettle's boiled.

My advice would be to take up a new hobby and spend less time wiping up urine. Maybe start a fanzine.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brings to mind the Australian guy selling crucifixes on his market stall;

It’s 3 bucks for the plain ones and 5 for the ones with the little fella on :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pot Kettle Black

Caught the 'heated' debate on ITV this morning before coming to work, with all that's going on in the UK, Covid, serious civil unrest, potential recessions and mass unemployment, as I originally asked where will this all end?

Whilst the girth is widening, the hair greying, I'm glad I'm 55 and not 25.

First point - you can please afford me the courtesy (afforded to all posters) of not using my real name, thanks. Not quite sure what you were trying to achieve by that?

Secondly - 'pot kettle black' - you'll have to explain that one to me. Feel free to search out, and bounce any thread I've started, ever, in this vein.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
funny thing is the painting depicts a black Jesus, while all his disciples are still white. almost as if its just done to create discussion/controversy.

Indeed, anyone would think it was done deliberately to make people think, and perhaps reconsider their preconceptions. Whatever next? :shrug:

I'm still wondering how to break the news to our nipper there is no such thing as father Christmas. There is something to be said for leaving people in ignorance when the truth would make them unhappy, though, I'll grant you.

Is that enough food for thought? ??? :thumbsup:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Sorry, but where will this all end?

With a radical change to racial inequality, where people do not have to worry about the colour of their skin. Should be pretty simple to understand to be honest.

Why are you struggling to see that? Marking yourself out as 55 should raise some flags on that question. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With a radical change to racial inequality, where people do not have to worry about the colour of their skin. Should be pretty simple to understand to be honest.

Why are you struggling to see that? Marking yourself out as 55 should raise some flags on that question. :lolol:

Mrs T tells me there is a BLM group in Faversham now, with hundreds of members. The population of Faversham is 99.9% white. I find this rather heartening.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Indeed, anyone would think it was done deliberately to make people think, and perhaps reconsider their preconceptions. Whatever next? :shrug:

I'm still wondering how to break the news to our nipper there is no such thing as father Christmas. There is something to be said for leaving people in ignorance when the truth would make them unhappy, though, I'll grant you.

Is that enough food for thought? ??? :thumbsup:

Just tell your nipper Father Christmas caught covid and pegged out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here