Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSN - Gus Poyet says Albion Close to Loan for KLL

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So we are looking at a loan it seems...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's probably for the best 1.5m is a lot to invest in a potentially crocked player, if a loan is successful we get KLL + 1.5m to spend on another player. Not a bad thing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can live with that if we can't agree a permanent switch. Newcastle obviously want to see how he steps up to the next level.

I'm not so sure about that, if that was the case then why would we have been negotiating with them for so long about a permanent deal? I would have thought it was more along the lines of us saying we're not paying the £1.3 million or whatever was agreed because he failed his medical, so we'll either pay less money or we'll take him on loan and see how his ankle holds out before paying that kind of money.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not free, as he's under 24 so there will still be a fee of some sort next summer.

As long as we get first dibs on him in January I'll be happy enough with this.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The only worry if we do loan him is if he carries on being really good other clubs will come in for him.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm not so sure about that, if that was the case then why would we have been negotiating with them for so long about a permanent deal? I would have thought it was more along the lines of us saying we're not paying the £1.3 million or whatever was agreed because he failed his medical, so we'll either pay less money or we'll take him on loan and see how his ankle holds out before paying that kind of money.

That would hold up if he has in fact failed a medical, but unless I missed it, that hasn't been the official line from us? But would make sense if he has failed one.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not free, as he's under 24 so there will still be a fee of some sort next summer.

But why would we get first dibs? If he's with us on loan and does well, 101 clubs will be after him in January and we won't stand a chance.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

ah, i meant 'free' in terms of out of contract.

A 'fee' of such would be set by tribunal if we can't agree.

From what i'm guessing, the whole negotiation is probably haggling over the fee in terms of what Newcastle feel he is worth in a tribunal outcome, if that makes any sense. I honestly don't believe they have ANY desire to keep him, but they wont let him go for a fee which they could do better with if they leave it to the tribunal.

Basically The Toon are in win/win either way.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
re-hash of yesterday's OS report - a complete non-story in terms of there being any further progress on whether we are definitely going to get him on loan rather than on a permanent deal. I still feel it's a case of us having a view of his value and Newcastle having a much much higher figure in mind ......we may well end up saying "OK let's loan him for next season then go to a tribunal to set his value once his contract has expired" - end of the day you suspect a deal would then be done in January at a sensible compromise fee.

Hardly justifies a new thread does it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But why would we get first dibs? If he's with us on loan and does well, 101 clubs will be after him in January and we won't stand a chance.

I'm not saying we automatically would, but I'd hope it would be part of the deal that we get first refusal on him in January. Newcastle may not agree to that as obviously its within their interests for there to be an auction on him, but who knows.

Hopefully this loan deal will see him settled at the club and wanting to sign a permanent deal. We want him, he wants us, in all likelihood it'll happen (assuming he's not been plagued with injuries of course).

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I would have thought it was more along the lines of us saying we're not paying the £1.3 million or whatever was agreed because he failed his medical

Yet another NSC rumour that has become fact.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That would hold up if he has in fact failed a medical, but unless I missed it, that hasn't been the official line from us? But would make sense if he has failed one.

No I don't think it is official, but I don't think Newcastle would want us revealing that kind of information. I'm only going on what I've read on here, but that does seem to be the general view.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here