Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SSN Breaking News

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
can I just ask here
WHAT THE F**K HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH THAT MUPPET FERGIE
It took 18 replies before we get to someone on my wavelength. And why is that twat's irrelevant opinion breaking news on SSN?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
It took 18 replies before we get to someone on my wavelength. And why is that twat's irrelevant opinion breaking news on SSN?

Because this is obviously the hot topic at the mo, Ferguson is a big time manager & his opinion on the matter goes against the grain of the allegation. I'd say, under the circumstances it's certainly the sort of press conference to air in the 1st part of the show

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because this is obviously the hot topic at the mo, Ferguson is a big time manager & his opinion on the matter goes against the grain of the allegation.
It's just his opinion, it's hardly breaking news is it. His opinion on football tactics etc counts for something, but his opinion on whether someone he doesn't know very well is racist or not is hardly important. There are many people that know Mark Clattenburg better, and many people that understand racism better, so why his opinion is breaking news is beyond me (I'm not cricicising Fegtie for giving his opinion, but I am criticising SSN for making out that his opinion is a big deal in this case). John Terry made some inappropriate comments to Anton Ferdinand, and many people commented that Terry wasn't a racist - all fair comments, but none were breaking news.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Imagine if Di Matteo had doubted it if it was the other way round and say, Welbeck, had complained?

Fergie and the media would go mental, much like they did with Dalglish sticking up for Suarez

If the FA find him guilty surely they can only ban him from the same number of games Terry was banned for.

You're assuming the FA are a logical organisation.

Bad assumption.

In any case, the ref and linesmen and the 4th official are all miked up so everyone can hear what the ref says. So it should only take 5 minutes to find out what he did and didn't say.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It was a good job they got away with it on Wednesday night, Lord only knows who'd have been accused of what in the aftermath.

And with the Torres sending off, I think anyone can see quite plainly that Clattenburg forgot he'd booked Torres. When he flashed the yellow card he then, clearly, thought "Oh shit" and whipped out the red. I don't think he'd have booked him if he'd remembered he already had. Maybe the moral of the story is the referee should take a moment to consider his actions rather than making a dramatic statement with the immediate card. But I don't believe he racially abused Mikel. Despite the little gobshite getting in his face repeatedly all match.

Or, Torres should have remembered he was already booked and tried to stay on his feet!

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
It's just his opinion, it's hardly breaking news is it. His opinion on football tactics etc counts for something, but his opinion on whether someone he doesn't know very well is racist or not is hardly important. There are many people that know Mark Clattenburg better, and many people that understand racism better, so why his opinion is breaking news is beyond me (I'm not cricicising Fegtie for giving his opinion, but I am criticising SSN for making out that his opinion is a big deal in this case). John Terry made some inappropriate comments to Anton Ferdinand, and many people commented that Terry wasn't a racist - all fair comments, but none were breaking news.

Perhaps this shows how influential Fergie is. It's the main article on the BBC mobile football site as well

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
once again it seems to me that Ferguson is out to score points against a rival club, if the alleged comments had been made against a United player he would have been all over Clattenburg like a rash

I just wish he would keep his big masticating gob shut

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it's obvious to anyone that a referee (who can heard by up to three other officials) would not swear
No it isn't. It's certainly not obvious to me. Ex-players have said the refs used to swear at players and that's just the way it was. If refs never swear I wasn't aware that was the case.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
can I just ask here
WHAT THE F**K HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH THAT MUPPET FERGIE

He is manager of the opposing side during that match. I'd imagine his opinion is more relevant than everyone else who was unconnected with the match. You're right, he is a muppet though. Oh and Deletedeletebeep etc. apparently the mics are on constantly but are not recorded.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Using offensive language is potentially a red card offense. A top level referee would never do it.
Players swear, and are allowed to swear, in every single game. Just not at the officials. I don't know about the refs, just reporting what was on SSN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here