Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sri Lanka v England- 2nd Test Match- Galle 22-26.01.2020

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gutsy old knock from Sibley given the series he's had to this point, bodes well for his mental toughness

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's a relief, at 4 down it could have all gone horribly wrong.. Only India next!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Has to be said, England right now seem to be very good at recovering from difficult situations to win / get themselves back into games at crucial times. Done it several times in this game, and both wins have been from a position where previous England teams might well have wobbled. Not the only series where this has happened recently, I think of Woakes / Buttler against Pakistan last summer and obviously Ben Stokes and his magic bat at Headingley in 2019. Given we're likely to find ourselves in several such situations in the coming 12 months (in India, against New Zealand and India this summer and then down under next winter) this is a good habit to get into.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Never in doubt.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And they keep saying Test Match cricket is outdated and boring.......

Magnificent win by England

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well done Joe Root. Top run scorer in the series, most catches in the series, good team selections, good captaincy.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Minus a few other players at different points, I don't think we'll actually be playing our notionally strongest 11 at any point.

It's a shame really. Given India's recent record, I'd at least like to have been conclusively thrashed with minimal caveats.

India have a LOT of injuries from the recent tour of Australia, so it might be close.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
India have a LOT of injuries from the recent tour of Australia, so it might be close.

They beat Australia with eleven players out, I don't think they'll be too fussed.

They'll certainly have Kohli, Rahul, Ashwin, Bumrah, Ishant and Pandya back for the first two tests and who knows after that?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Find it very bizarre Bairstow going home and not to India, unless I have got it wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here