Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sri Lanka v England, 1st Test, Galle

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The way Bob Willis talks it's as if he is being asked to watch a film of his mother doing Belgian Biscuits all day long with Gordon Brown, rather than seeing England play (poorly) at cricket.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The way Bob Willis talks it's as if he is being asked to watch a film of his mother doing Belgian Biscuits all day long with Gordon Brown
Willis is funny, he's always so bloody miserable. You'd think he'd never bowled a poor delivery the way he criticises everyone.

The commentating team are talking as if this match is still up for grabs. No chance.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like its one player's score which could make the difference, at least we have him out cheaply in the second innings.

73/5 with a couple of over left in the day - we COULD still win, but scoring 200+ in the 4th innings will be a major struggle for us at the moment.

Hopefully we will have not much more than 250 to chase on what should still be a reasonable pitch.

That should be gettable for a team ranked No.1 in the world

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The good news is that Tony Greig is commentating on Sky.

Not heard him say, 'he hit that with the meat of the bat' yet though.

Has he referred to the broadcast as a "telecast" yet? Or said that the ball has hit him on the "crash helmet" ?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Willis is funny, he's always so bloody miserable. You'd think he'd never bowled a poor delivery the way he criticises everyone.

The commentating team are talking as if this match is still up for grabs. No chance.

Don't give up on England just yet. Sri Lanka's bowling isn't really that impressive. If someone can put a ton together like a Cook or Strauss or Trott England could yet win this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't give up on England just yet. Sri Lanka's bowling isn't really that impressive. If someone can put a ton together like a Cook or Strauss or Trott England could yet win this.
Oh. I only saw highlights yesterday, and remember them saying it was starting to turn early, so when SL started their second innings poorly I assumed it was down to the pitch. So now I have hope, which means I'll suffer defeat again tomorrow.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Oh. I only saw highlights yesterday, and remember them saying it was starting to turn early, so when SL started their second innings poorly I assumed it was down to the pitch. So now I have hope, which means I'll suffer defeat again tomorrow.

:lol: they were saying earlier only Cook and someone else were out to good deliveries. The rest were just given away. Either way I will be up at 5am hoping we can knock them over quickly!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Either way I will be up at 5am hoping we can knock them over quickly!
Good plan. The sooner their all out, the sooner we're in, and the sooner we're all out, thus ending the pain.

Sri Lanka 318 & 214
England 193 & 111/2 (40.0 ov)
England require another 229 runs with 8 wickets remaining
Stumps - Day 3

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
FFS KP.

3 down early on in the day. 118/3

Just what we didn't need.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't waste your time, we never had a chance in this innings

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Slowly slowly catchy monkey. If Trott and Prior are still there at the end of this next session then I think we could be in with a shout. Unlikely yes, but possible....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here