Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Squad Numbers

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Bit unfair on anyone with a copy of his old shirt. Personally I would tell players to keep their squad number until they leave. It doesn’t make them play any better.
Strange take that is, players have been changing squad numbers since they became a thing. Players are a superstitious bunch and some of them will believe it does affects their performance, which is doubtful but mental psychology is a significant factor.

People who bought his shirt with the old number shouldn't really be of consideration, by that logic teams should never sell players because a few have got a shirt with their name on it. People shouldn't buy shirts with payers names and numbers on without an expectation that it could change and then shirt becomes a bit outdated

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Strange take that is, players have been changing squad numbers since they became a thing. Players are a superstitious bunch and some of them will believe it does affects their performance, which is doubtful but mental psychology is a significant factor.

People who bought his shirt with the old number shouldn't really be of consideration, by that logic teams should never sell players because a few have got a shirt with their name on it. People shouldn't buy shirts with payers names and numbers on without an expectation that it could change and then shirt becomes a bit outdated
Yeah, can't expect players to keep numbers forever.

Some pushback expected here though given the changes are happening well after the transfer deadline and after the 24/25 squad numbers have been 'confirmed'!

Chelsea have done similar with a couple of players, and are paying for all shirts to be replaced. I assume the Albion is doing the same...

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

Some pushback expected here though given the changes are happening well after the transfer deadline and after the 24/25 squad numbers have been 'confirmed'!

Chelsea have done similar with a couple of players, and are paying for all shirts to be replaced. I assume the Albion is doing the same...
Are Chelsea into triple digits this year?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'd expect anyone who purchased a 2024/25 shirt, with 'Adingra 24' on it after the first match of the season, to be entitled to a replacement. I doubt that runs to very many units, to be honest.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Not after the season has started in my view, but it appears football manager has lied to me. Of course change it season by season, but changing numbers mid-season, WOKE NONSENSE, if you ask me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Try saying that while standing on a milk crate in Abidjan town centre.
I'll personally offer replacements to all of the people in Abidjan, who have bought genuine official Brighton shirts, printed with 'Adingra 24', between the date the squad numbers were officially announced, and today.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The club are very good with this stuff. They will definitely replace any shirts with an old number bought within a reasonable period of time before the change.

A friend of mine had a similar situation with a Cucurella shirt for his kid bought a few weeks before he was sold, they replaced it no fuss no muss.

The customer service generally at the club is superb in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here