Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs reveal second shirt sponsor

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It does with Rangers & Celtic, why shouldn't it elsewhere?

isn't that more to do with Alcohol sponsorship on youngsters shirts mind? it was the same with Liverpool and a few other clubs I seem to remember?

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
It does with Rangers & Celtic, why shouldn't it elsewhere?

Really? I stand corrected then, never knew that. Surely most sponsors and clubs have a consensus not to let that happen as it would devalue the sponsorship a fair bit... money talks and everything.

Those 2 clubs can make that decision I suppose as they dominate the Scottish game but English football is far more complex and more financially competitive. I suppose it is possible then but I can't see it happening at all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How many shirts are sold to grown-ups?

My kids, and I suspect most kids, would want the sponsor's logos anyway - for them the entire POINT of being a replica shirt is that it is the SAME as the players' ones.

Right down to the 'Npower League One' arm patches.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
isn't that more to do with Alcohol sponsorship on youngsters shirts mind? it was the same with Liverpool and a few other clubs I seem to remember?

Really? I stand corrected then, never knew that. Surely most sponsors and clubs have a consensus not to let that happen as it would devalue the sponsorship a fair bit... money talks and everything.

Those 2 clubs can make that decision I suppose as they dominate the Scottish game but English football is far more complex and more financially competitive. I suppose it is possible then but I can't see it happening at all.

Whatever the reasons, the point is it is done elsewhere. It is true that it is due to alcohol advertising for those 3 clubs, although in the past Celtic, Rangers and Liverpool have sold kids shirts with booze adverts.

There are also some clubs with betting adverts on their shirts who sell/have sold them without sponsors, Boro and Blackburn come to mind. For some reason Villa had shirts last season with no 'Acorns' ads, and even Lincoln City did recently, as did Sunderland in 2008.

But apart form those, you're probably right, it will never happen ;-)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
european television does not allow alcohol advertising - that;s why all the logos disappear of cars in european grand prix

Is that why the Welsh rugby team appeared with "Brawn" on their shirts instead of "Brains"?

Im sorry but i dont see that in anyway.

What i do like about Spurs Kit is there BADGE, i wish ours was as simple as this just a seagull with BHAFC Underneath.
err we've done that..... (albeit without the BHAFC bit)

and it was terrible:laugh:

extra_football_shirt_62_1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here