Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs hammered 2-7 at home, will there be a backlash on Saturday

Will we be on the end of a Spurs backlash?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The bigger issue wasn't their speed per se, but the fact that they played a defensive line basically on the half way line. As a defender that's really hard to defend against if the ball in behind is good as your body shape is almost always wrong i.e. not on the half turn, meaning you're made to look a lot slower than you actually are as the offensive player is almost always running the right way.

So the key for us isn't picking or not picking Murray (you can afford one slower forward i.e. him or Gross), it's playing quick players either side of him if you play him who will make those runs in behind the defensive line if it is high.

My money on this week’s left field player picked by GP is the return of The Greyhound :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My money on this week’s left field player picked by GP is the return of The Greyhound :thumbsup:

My money on this week’s left field player picked by GP is me.

No more unlikely than many of his other decisions. :lol:

D

Deleted member 2719

The Amex will be rocking, let's make that home advantage count, there is NO pressure on us, it's all on them.

Let's make it LOUD.

:O:albion::O

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Can you please stop scaring me with this statement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I see it going thus...

We start poorly. They are on the front foot, but their low confidence leads to them not taking advantage immediately. We grow into the game after 10mins, and start to take control, without really threatening their goal. This continues into the second half, but Spurs start to realise that for all our possession, we aren't a goal threat and that allows them to relax and start playing their game. They get their first on a counter attack. Then as we press for the equaliser, they catch us one maybe two more times and run out comfortable winners.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Just heard the same. Vertonghen banging Ericsson's wife. No wonder he wants out. Apparently Kane punched Vertonghen

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Circulated a few days back with pictures of the black eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shirley Seagull

Aug 22, 2015
The Amex will be rocking, let's make that home advantage count, there is NO pressure on us, it's all on them.

Let's make it LOUD.

:O:albion::O

Vertonghens shagging Christian's wife do dah do dah,
Vertonghens shagging Christian's wife do dah do all day
Harry got well riled and punched him in the face,
Vertonghens shagging Christian's wife do dah do dah day....:whistle:

(Sorry couldn't resist)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I fear that we will feature first on MoTD but for all the wrong reasons (probably six of them).

D

Deleted member 2719

Vertonghens shagging Christian's wife do dah do dah,
Vertonghens shagging Christian's wife do dah do all day
Harry got well riled and punched him in the face,
Vertonghens shagging Christian's wife do dah do dah day....:whistle:

(Sorry couldn't resist)

:clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here