Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

So just before 9am I was reading a story on OneFootball saying UEFA had announced it was still on tonight and only Spurs had made a statement to say it was off.

After looking at this thread I looked back and the story has been totally rewritten to say it is off and won't be played tonight.

Clear as mud, but it would be nice to get a statement out from the PL about Sunday so we know where we stand. I'm assuming it'll be called off, but would be nice to know for sure.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Leyton Orient had to forfeit a Carabao Cup tie against Tottenham last season when Covid meant they couldn't field a team. So we should be awarded the three points.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Leyton Orient had to forfeit a Carabao Cup tie against Tottenham last season when Covid meant they couldn't field a team. So we should be awarded the three points.

That’s because the rules of the League Cup stated clubs would be forced to forfeit the game if they were unable to play the fixture. No such rule exists in the PL unfortunately so we won’t be awarded the game, otherwise Spurs would have had a couple of walk over wins last season when Fulham and Villa(I think) has covid outbreaks.

Also our social media department seem confident the game is going ahead judging by this on Facebook a few mins ago.

FD50DBE3-03CF-49DF-B7C4-3B74950EBA5C.jpeg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Leyton Orient had to forfeit a Carabao Cup tie against Tottenham last season when Covid meant they couldn't field a team.

That's because clubs agreed to special Covid rules for Carabao Cup (in advance), accepting that there was no time for rescheduled ties in a shortened season.

Obviously PL matches can be rescheduled in the 21/22 season.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
That’s because the rules of the League Cup stated clubs would be forced to forfeit the game if they were unable to play the fixture. No such rule exists in the PL unfortunately so we won’t be awarded the game, otherwise Spurs would have had a couple of walk over wins last season when Fulham and Villa(I think) has covid outbreaks.

Also our social media department seem confident the game is going ahead judging by this on Facebook a few mins ago.

View attachment 142651

The social media team schedule tweets I believe

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If Spurs request a postponement, can we make representations to support/oppose or it it solely in the PLs gift ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Got to be a risk that the whole league will be suspended at some point or at least fans banned from games again?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Where is the proof its off then or is this thread a load of bollocks?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
If it is postponed, good luck getting a replay date. They're already two matches down with last night, and with the Burnley snow postponement.

Perhaps they could play a split squad game, Burnley and Brighton on the same night. We'll look after Kane as long as you take Son (he's too elusive for our defenders!).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
V Spurs game postponed (NOT YET CONFIRMED)

If it is postponed, good luck getting a replay date. They're already two matches down with last night, and with the Burnley snow postponement.

Perhaps they could play a split squad game, Burnley and Brighton on the same night. We'll look after Kane as long as you take Son (he's too elusive for our defenders!).

I have just checked and currently we and Spurs have just one midweek game between January and the end of March (assuming Spurs are knocked out of the Europa thing which looks likely). I think we can probably squeeze in a game somewhere.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we'll squeeze a game in on Sunday afternoon . . . .If SPuds need a bit of time delay KO until MV and LH have had a crash and a punch up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here