Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs disgrace

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:
Surely it wouldn't take too much to implement a buzzer type device in the goal line like they do at Wimbledon.

That way there would be no doubt as to whether a ball has crossed a line or not.

I wouldn't like video replays all the time.

How would it work though, what happens when players cross the line, or get in the way of the laser or whatever would be used?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
What happened to the ball after Carroll hooked it out? I haven't seen that in any of the camera angles.

Should Carroll be charged with misconduct for blatant cheating?

I wonder what Ferguson's reaction would have been if Carroll had admitted to it.

The ref had to be certain it was in to give the goal. There would be more of an outcry had he given it and it had not actually crossed the line.

Perhaps everytime a goal is scored the players should just carry on in the hope the ref hasn't noticed, or a team should just run of celebrating when the ball is in the box in the hope the ref isn't paying attention and gives the goal.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Bluejuice said:
It is an absolute disgrace that a premiership referee team could throw a game so obviously.

If they are not all sacked then there really is something very very wrong going on at the FA. I demand a full investigation.

Sorry, just spotted this one. I don't think it would be entirely fair to sack them all. I really don't think you can give any blame to the linesman at the other end. Even if he could see it go in, he's not going to overrule the other lino who's right there...

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why the f*** didn't Carrol do the decent thing and tell everyone that it was over the line. Football could learn a lot from cricket about professionalism in that respect.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Why the f*** didn't Carrol do the decent thing and tell everyone that it was over the line. Football could learn a lot from cricket about professionalism in that respect.

What ? Like the South African captain on Day 1 of the current Test Match ??

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Roy Carroll should be charged with misconduct!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Watching Roy Carroll's body language after the ball crossed the line is incredible. When he glances over at the linesman and sees it's still play on the look of total shock is comical.

Clearly Carroll is not going to admit his mistake. Would the ref have given the goal even if he had?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That could cost Spurs millions of pounds
Say if they finish 5th by 1 point they would lose out on champions league football which would make them millions

kinkygerbil said:
No it wasnt hard for the lino to see to be honest.

he should have been level with the last man utd defender who at the time before the shot was half way in there half - the ball was then in the air for about 4 seconds after pedro shot which gave him plenty of time to get back level with it

That would make him able to run the 100m in around 10 seconds. That would have got him a medal in the Olympic final.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
To try and be fair to Carroll, if anyone here was in that situation, would you have admitted that it was a goal?

I know I wouldn't have - it's sad that it's got to this but at the top level of sport you will do (or not do) almost anything to get the result.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
rc4lq.gif

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Storer68 said:
That would make him able to run the 100m in around 10 seconds. That would have got him a medal in the Olympic final.

Watching MOTD last night he was about 25 yards out when the ball was kicked- fair enough like you said he wouldnt be able to get level in time but he was inside the 18 yard box when it went in, which is close enough

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
The FA use the video when it suits them e.g. Van Nistlerooy challenge, Rooney petulance but not to change this kind of outcome. What's the difference? It affects the season like the resulting bans for the above mentioned players.

Of course Fergie can say it was a goal because it has no affect on the point they got! :censored:

Still the Assistant Referee's guide dog was probably enjoying the pizza in the tunnel area whilst the game was going on. :lolol:

If it had been at the other end they would have given a goal regardless. Time for technology of some kind to be brought in for this kind of incident!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Isn't it "all the ball over the line"....oh and the keeper (at Old Trafford). Bloody smallprint.:p

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Titanic said:
What ? Like the South African captain on Day 1 of the current Test Match ??

Obviously there are exceptions to the rule but generally players accept the decisions like gentlemen and there is still a lot of trust in the game.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Fine Carroll for cheating £10,000 (probably less than a weeks wages for him) seems to be a good amount

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Stinky Kat said:
Fine Carroll for cheating £10,000 (probably less than a weeks wages for him) seems to be a good amount
Ferguson has already deduted that from his wages and handed it the Ref in question. Hush hush and all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here