Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs blitzed

It's a bit of a quandary in that City have just bought their status now for the season - and they also play excellent football by doing that.
United are still a wealthy club that makes players with their tactical way to play as a team - also astonishingly good to watch.

Does this raise the bar? We might want to join the competition in a season or two - but how will we compete against these top drawer teams?
Okay it's still 11 vs 11, but if they can pay for super-football players then they will streak away from the rest and our league becomes much like a elevated version of the Scots Prem where 2 clubs monopolize.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
hah, serves 'em right for nicking "we're f***ing brilliant" against Jocks of Midlothain the other week ... karma!

Says who?

I was there, and fairly sober considering the 19:45 kick off time & we didn't sing that.Tottenham wouldn't sing a song like that. (Not a dig at Brighton)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
London's #1.Famous & feared.

:)

Ahhhhh, of course. Silly me.

Well I just hope that boast doesn't come to haunt you in future, 'cos there's always someone madder & badder just round the corner who'll be desperate to show you that they/you're not. Banning orders, prison sentences & serious injury might seem like a bit of a laugh to those seduced by all the Top Boy/Toe-to-toe/Mob bollox: but I've known a few guys who have been up to their necks in this 'scene' in the past & they see it for what it actually is now (i.e. a mug's game). Just you make sure you choose carefully & don't go losing sight of the consequences. You (& the rest of us) might be far better served if you joined a proper fighting force.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bet the red top editors are hoping for a cracking game in Man Utd v Aresnal so they don't need to devote so much attention to their chosen ones humiliation at home

Exactly.
Gave the biased sports editors a chance to leave their mate alone and pick on johnny foreigner.

Now as 'arry put it to his hack mates within the last year, he's just 2 or 3 players from mounting a serious PL challenge. Yeah, right.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Where's that twat Paxton Dazo?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Ahhhhh, of course. Silly me.

Well I just hope that boast doesn't come to haunt you in future, 'cos there's always someone madder & badder just round the corner who'll be desperate to show you that they/you're not. Banning orders, prison sentences & serious injury might seem like a bit of a laugh to those seduced by all the Top Boy/Toe-to-toe/Mob bollox: but I've known a few guys who have been up to their necks in this 'scene' in the past & they see it for what it actually is now (i.e. a mug's game). Just you make sure you choose carefully & don't go losing sight of the consequences. You (& the rest of us) might be far better served if you joined a proper fighting force.

What's football violence (I assume thats what you're on about) got to do with it?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is so unfair to Spurs.

This mickey-taking will end when they have a 6-0 home win against QPR, Norwich or Swansea later this season.
Gary Lineker and Garth Crooks (now, who did they used to play for?), and the fleet street cronies, will tell us how incredible their push-and-run style is, and how King 'arry and astute Dany Levy identified the unknown genius Van Der Vaart.

Conceding 5 goals at home. Hilarious. Were any home 'fans' loyal enough to stay until the end?

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Is that the same twat who's probably been to more Brighton games than you other the last 10 years?

I've been to fifty one games over the past decade, impressive considering the distance I live from Brighton and the demands of the better half.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Exactly.
Gave the biased sports editors a chance to leave their mate alone and pick on johnny foreigner.

Now as 'arry put it to his hack mates within the last year, he's just 2 or 3 players from mounting a serious PL challenge. Yeah, right.

He did say that! Laughed at the time, and will love the 1-5 humilation on MOTD2 tonight.

'arry for England. Why pay the overated friend of fleet street £5m per year?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I've been to fifty one games over the past decade, impressive considering the distance I live from Brighton and the demands of the better half.

So impressive mate. Makes the fans who used to drive to Withdean from Plymouth every other week look like bad fans, it really does. Sorry I ever doubted you.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What's football violence (I assume thats what you're on about) got to do with it?

I thought you might be able to enlighten me? Your comments earlier sure as hell don't make sense when it comes to your team's on-pitch antics.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bale was quite good at left back

Van der Vaart's fall was just like that of Billy Sharp without the fuss.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011

f*** me, I've met blokes who have done that many games in a season. Surprised you aint got a feature in The Argus with credentials like that.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Says who?

I was there, and fairly sober considering the 19:45 kick off time & we didn't sing that.Tottenham wouldn't sing a song like that. (Not a dig at Brighton)

My reliable source: see thread "Thieving-Spurs-gets"

Maybe my source wasn't that reliable ... soz if he was fibbin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here