• Hate them

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Meh

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
For my 2000th post I can categorically state that I absolutely love the humble micro-cabbage (aka The Brussel Sprout).
Yum yum. Not overcooked though, I prefer them al-dente.

2000th post over

Seasons Greetings to one and all

TNBA

TTF

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If cooked well, food of the gods, especialy with chopped chestnuts mixed in and loads of butter. If overcooked to a soggy pulp then they are rank. Those who don't enjoy them it's probably down to your Mrs' not cooking them properly, just give them my advice and tell them nibble say's "You're welcome".

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They are very easy to grow as well.Sprouts IN.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For years I had them boiled right from my childhood and recently read a thread on here about frying them with bacon so tried it. I must say this improved the taste infinitely and that is how they will be cooked for Christmas Dinner..

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Had 4 given to me today with my roast belly pork buy didn't touch them. Should maybe had one but they just don't do it for me.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Nothing like a good SPRAAHHT, as Len Goodman would put it. Hated them as a child, love them as an adult.
Have to be cooked right, mind - not boiled to within an inch of their lives. Cook with chestnuts and/or bacon and make sure they're still crisp. Yum.
And whoever it was didn't like roast parsnips - are you SERIOUS? Beautiful roasted with taters, carrots and spraahhts. :thumbsup:

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
My favourite vegetable by a country mile :smile:

PS

Q: What's the difference between a bogey and a Brussel sprout?

A: You can't get a kid to eat a Brussel sprout

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I love all me greens. Pile everything on, that's what I say to mother at Christmas, and to the blokes at carvery places!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Absolutely LOVE 'em. Shame they're only around for Christmas really. They are wonderful on their own or with bacon and chestnuts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only problem with sprouts is that their season is so long and they are available for such a long period of time over the winter that after about 3 months they get a bit boring and we are looking forward to new fresh vegetables newly grown in the spring/summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here