Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Spring time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems to be a regular thread starter, probably starts threads that maybe don’t interest you, or there is no one for you to argue with on there :D :whistle::wink:

I see. Nothing about Russian Witch House music, or whether Johnson is a two star or three star general c*nt?

*And that leads me on to a little music. I hope you approve. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzIAiyxS-nk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I miss my garden every day of winter.

We're investing in new patio furniture this year so cannot wait to get that all set up, doors open, the smell of freshly cut grass, the sun beating down, a few sherberts with a book / Kindle / Sunday sports pullout. BBQ's and Alexa. Getting a bit of a semi lob-on just thinking about it tbh.

Linda Lusardi? :eek: :ohmy:

There's something magical about my patio. It is an insane suntrap, and I have already had a jolly sit out there in the sun, in my T shirt, this year. I shit you not :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Linda Lusardi? :eek: :ohmy:

There's something magical about my patio. It is an insane suntrap, and I have already had a jolly sit out there in the sun, in my T shirt, this year. I shit you not :thumbsup:

Yup, SW facing garden, so we get the sun from about 12pm onwards, pretty much till sunset. Give it a half-decent weekend and I can go from Will Hughes to David Dickinson over the course of a couple of afternoons. Olive skin, innit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yup, SW facing garden, so we get the sun from about 12pm onwards, pretty much till sunset. Give it a half-decent weekend and I can go from Will Hughes to David Dickinson over the course of a couple of afternoons. Olive skin, innit.

You're a lucky man with your exotic genes. I eventually turn old gold under my veneer of factor 30 ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Unfortunately East facing, so I've had to build a patio right at the bottom of the garden for Mrs Wz.

But at the bottom of the Garden, under the trees on the right is a mass of snowdrops and tete a tete. I love this time of year, but there's some big bunches of variegated spikey leaves and I can't remember what they may be ?

I'm now waiting for the wood anemones and bluebells, but worried what those big bunches are, I'll report back :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The bottom of the Garden, under the trees is a mass of snowdrops and tete a tete. I love this time of year, but there's some big bunches of variegated spikey leaves and I can't remember what they may be ?

I'm now waiting for the wood anemones and bluebells, but worried what those big bunches are, I'll report back :wink:

**** me. Are you Robin of Loxley, or the Sheriff of Nottingham? ???

Look out - rangale of deer incoming!

:wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're a lucky man with your exotic genes. I eventually turn old gold under my veneer of factor 30 ???

I get it from my mother. She can get a tan from heating a treacle pudding in a microwave.

Its not ideal though - with all the WFH, come the summer months, people at work just think I've been mincing around doing Club Tropicana video remakes all day in my back yard.

Which is often largely true. But its none of their BUSINESS.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
**** me. Are you Robin of Loxley, or the Sheriff of Nottingham? ???

Look out - rangale of deer incoming!

:wink:

I did wear green tights for a couple of years in my late teens :wink:

YEARS AGO, on the sites, someone explained how to keep warm. I couldn't afford Damarts at the time and my girlfriend did have a couple of pairs of green ribbed woollen tights, and that's as far as this story goes :wink:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Another Eastbourne exotic gardener! What is the most borderline thing you are growing?

Not sure about Borderline but I have the musa basjoo, ensete and dwarf cavendish banana plants, gunnera, olive trees, trachycarpus, tree ferns, paulownia, t-rex, pink china and a few other things.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I get it from my mother. She can get a tan from heating a treacle pudding in a microwave.

Its not ideal though - with all the WFH, come the summer months, people at work just think I've been mincing around doing Club Tropicana video remakes all day in my back yard.

Which is often largely true. But its none of their BUSINESS.

Superb. One of the two NSC "Hunter S Thompson twins" on fire again :bowdown: :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did wear green tights for a couple of years in my late teens :wink:

YEARS AGO, on the sites, someone explained how to keep warm. I couldn't afford Damarts at the time and my girlfriend did have a couple of pairs of green ribbed woollen tights, and that's as far as this story goes :wink:

Nuff said. Say no more. A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat. :rolleyes:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not sure about Borderline but I have the musa basjoo, ensete and dwarf cavendish banana plants, gunnera, olive trees, trachycarpus, tree ferns, paulownia, t-rex, pink china and a few other things.
Like it. I've kept almost all those at some points in my gardening journey. Do you have Ensete outside? I have a small Ensete maurelli tucked away on my verandah but it's suffering a bit and may die as spring takes hold.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Like it. I've kept almost all those at some points in my gardening journey. Do you have Ensete outside? I have a small Ensete maurelli tucked away on my verandah but it's suffering a bit and may die as spring takes hold.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

My ensete is inside. It got upto 7 foot last summer In October I cut it back to about 12 inches, cut the roots off. Left it upside down for 2 weeks to drain the water and then put it in a small bucket with dry soil. I have not watered since October and it will not stop growing. Ensete rarely survive our winter even if protected. I would bring it in as it is if I were you and don't water.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My ensete is inside. It got upto 7 foot last summer In October I cut it back to about 12 inches, cut the roots off. Left it upside down for 2 weeks to drain the after and stuff it in a small bucket with dry soil. I have not watered since October and it will not stop growing

Ah yeah, inside is the way to go if you've room. I had an Ensete here a few years back that grew to a similar size to yours, it was a pretty wonderful plant.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
…with all the WFH, come the summer months, people at work just think I've been mincing around doing Club Tropicana video remakes all day in my back yard.

“Yeah, Phil - snowed under here too. But email the figures over and I’ll try to get the quotes back to you this afternoon. Gonna have to run - Gav is after me on communicator.”

9518B583-5E7F-4A06-9637-1355658DA89D.jpeg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
But at the bottom of the Garden, under the trees on the right is a mass of snowdrops and tete a tete. I love this time of year, but there's some big bunches of variegated spikey leaves and I can't remember what they may be ?
Phormium? A photo would be helpful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here