Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spotlight on 1899 TS Hoffenheim

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Three points clear at the top of the Bundesliga. 3-1 with over Koln, and now playing Arminia Bielefeld on Saturday. So they could be going into their TWO month winter break three points clear of Bayern Munich, if Munich don't win then they could be SIX points clear. AMAZING ACHIEVEMENT for a village of 3,000.

come on Hoffenheim!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Three points clear at the top of the Bundesliga. 3-1 with over Koln, and now playing Arminia Bielefeld on Saturday. So they could be going into their TWO month winter break three points clear of Bayern Munich, if Munich don't win then they could be SIX points clear. AMAZING ACHIEVEMENT for a village of 3,000.

come on Hoffenheim!

After Arminia Bielefeld they still have 3 games to play before the winterpause. This includes a trip to Munich. But hats of to them...they are doing very well and scoring bucket loads of goals.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aren't they just the German Chelsea, with a billionaire in charge and the only reason for there success.

I think the difference it the guy in charge is local (-ish) and importantly he is using and nurturing lot of local talent i.e. not simply buying the best. I think this latter point won over the initially sceptical fans. I'll check these facts out when I have a bit more time.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Chief coach is Ralf Rangnick who was at Southwick in the 79 - 80 season.
Didn't play many games as he broke some ribs.
Remember getting back from Southwick's Vase game at Windsor and there was just Rangnick, Paul Ifiil's dad Everton and myself still on the coach when it got back to the depot at Patcham. The coach driver gave us a lift to our respective homes in his transit and because of his ribs Rangnick had to sit perched on mine and Everton's laps. Must have looked a right sight to anyone going past with us lot crammed in the front of this old van.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He was great in Baywatch and Knight Rider.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here