Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spot the difference....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
28/05/08

Manchester United have threatened to report Real Madrid to Fifa over their interest in signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

A United statement read: "We have watched with growing irritation the comments attributed to Real Madrid over their alleged desire to sign Cristiano.

"We will have no alternative but to report Real if it continues to behave in this totally unacceptable fashion."

But Real president Ramon Calderon said: "We know they aren't a selling club. It is a problem between player and team."

United's statement came after Madrid coach Bernd Schuster claimed the 23-year-old Portuguese winger was the club's number one summer transfer target.

The statement from Old Trafford added: "These public attempts to unsettle the player are completely against the regulations and the club will not tolerate them any longer.

"The player is on a long-term contract and his registration is held by Manchester United. The player is not for sale."

06/01/04

Fulham chairman Mohamed al Fayed has launched a stinging attack on Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ferguson is keen to sign Fulham striker Louis Saha, but Fayed has told him the Frenchman is going nowhere.

"I am fed up with Sir Alex Ferguson trying to disrupt my club and constantly try to unsettle my players," said al Fayed.

"I have a clear message to Sir Alex and anyone else who is interested: 'Read my lips, Saha is not for sale'."

United were reported to have made an offer in the region of £8m for the 25-year-old before Christmas, but Cottagers boss Chris Coleman issued a 'hands off' warning at the time.

And since the speculation about Saha's future has refused to die down since the transfer window re-opened, al Fayed has moved quickly to quash recent rumours that he may be on his way to Old Trafford.

"Ever since Fulham beat Manchester United at Old Trafford so convincingly Ferguson has been showing signs of increasing desperation," added al Fayed.

"Obviously he needs a top quality striker urgently but he can't have mine."

One rule for United, one rule for everyone else eh ?
Piss off Ferguson you ruddy-faced, hypocritical two-faced GIMP.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Amen to that. I'm sure he also spent the best part of two years tapping up Owen Hargreaves as well.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
And what about Diego Forlan, who they intercepted at the airport?! Ruud Van Nistelrooy? Louis Saha as already quite rightly pointed out. It's bullshit like this that make me hate Manchester United Football Club with a passion.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not really worth getting too upset about - it's just the way football works. If you're a bigger club, you will find a way of letting a player know you want them and might be prepared to pay them more money, bid or no bid.

We'd do it to a Conference club (or presumably Rochdale for Glenn Murray), Tottenham would do it to us (Zamora), United would do it to Tottenham (Carrick) and now Real are trying to do it with them.

This does rely, however, on the would-be buyers being bigger than the prey. Real have picked on a club as big as they are, hence they face a much bigger fight.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I don't believe we would do it actually.

I think if a club told us they weren't prepared to sell a player we were interested in then we'd likely back down. Particularly as it would more than likely make the player in question out of our price range to prize away.

Ferguson is an absolute moron and I really wish the twat would do us all a favour and retire, to Baghdad

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Ferguson is an absolute moron and I really wish the twat would do us all a favour and retire, to Baghdad

At least he would be closer to the MU fans there

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
06/01/04

Fulham chairman Mohamed al Fayed has launched a stinging attack on Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ferguson is keen to sign Fulham striker Louis Saha, but Fayed has told him the Frenchman is going nowhere.

"I am fed up with Sir Alex Ferguson trying to disrupt my club and constantly try to unsettle my players," said al Fayed.

"I have a clear message to Sir Alex and anyone else who is interested: 'Read my lips, Saha is not for sale'."

United were reported to have made an offer in the region of £8m for the 25-year-old before Christmas, but Cottagers boss Chris Coleman issued a 'hands off' warning at the time.

And since the speculation about Saha's future has refused to die down since the transfer window re-opened, al Fayed has moved quickly to quash recent rumours that he may be on his way to Old Trafford.

"Ever since Fulham beat Manchester United at Old Trafford so convincingly Ferguson has been showing signs of increasing desperation," added al Fayed.

"Obviously he needs a top quality striker urgently but he can't have mine."

28-02-2004

Fulham 1 - 1 Man Utd
Boa Morte 64 - Saha 14

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Everyone knows there are different rules for Manchester United, this is just one of them.

Other well know Man U rules are "Fergie Time" extra time added onto the end of injury time to allow them to score a crucial winner or equaliser

And the classic "Thou shalt not award a penalty against Manure at Old Traffart"

:tosser:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Real Madrid are a bigger club than United otherwise Fergie could just laugh in their faces, which he quite obviously isn't doing. All you United fans SHOULD be worried about Ronaldo leaving.

Fergie is the master of double standards and I, for one, am quite enjoying this particular saga as it unfolds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here