Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sportsman Last Night

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Absolutely terrible pub, I've tried the brewery tap once thinking it was one of the better pubs in area :D

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If you HAVE to go to a PP pub that isn't the Sportsman, the station is, for me, the 'best' one on a matchday.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
im open to suggestions where to drink as long as its not the Sportsman anymore

If I have a drink (although quite rarely) I go into town and either find it quite easy to find some people (who are doing the same)willing to share a cab to the ground, queuing up outside the station.

Usually costs me a couple of quid.

...or I simply jump on the train back to Preston Park. Quite a few people drink in the Nelson and jump on the last train.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I often walk from the station down Traflegar St to London Rd and catch a no5as it is easier walking down the hill than walking from Preston Park. What are the pubs like in London Rd or on the way down to it.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Not been in there for years, but I remember people saying much the same about it back then. It's main selling point is being where it is. Cos of that enough people will always put up with it, and so it will always be in a position where it doesn't have to try.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
After deciding to get the bus in early from town with my mate and getting there at 7.00, we were surprised to find a queue outside the Sportsman and had to wait 15-20 minutes in total. We were told by the door staff we were unlikely to get in at one point, but 5 minutes after being told this, we were in (around 7.20 p.m.)! To our surprise it really wasn't that busy inside and we got served straight away. It seemed a bit excessive to me, although I think it did cut down the crowding at the bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here