Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports you hate....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
F1, it's Scalextric but without the funny brush bits under the cars.
Horse Racing
Ice Skating.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Darts - a game for fat chavs with chunky jewelry watched by fat chavs with chunky jewelry behaving like zoo animals in the background.

Only rugby for me. f***ing hate it, anyone can play the shit game.

I would say that is more the case for football.

True to an extent, anyone can play rugby, but you have to be reasonably good to avoid injury and I'm not sure someone would put their body through a mangler if they weren't very good at something.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I quite like rugby, and my son is getting quite good at it, but some rugby clubs are f***ing dreadful, full of public school twats who not so much look down their noses at football, as exhibit pure jealousy of the beautiful game. Banging on about England being shìt, overpaid etc. I'm not having that from these chinless inbreds because a) they don't know anything about football and b) there are more registered players in England than in any other nation, the RFU has more money than any other union, yet we are consistently shit on the world stage. One world cup win is not a good return on the world stage. Or they'll moan about football players being chavvy thugs, when the truth is that there are only a handful like that. And I don't recall any of them biting the ear off an opponent while on the field of play - something that's happened in rugby in the past few years.

In Reigate, we have two rugby clubs. Ours is full of decent people who will talk about football and cricket every bit as much as rugby on the sidelines, it has a community feel, and is doing a brilliant job of getting kids to try the game. I'm full of admiration for the place. The other (bigger) club is full of the sort of stereotypical tosspots that give the game a bad name, which is why I can understand why so many on this thread hate the game.

I can't say there are many sports I actively hate. I suppose I'd day that basketball is a decent game to play but shite to watch IMO. Surprised no-one or not many have said athletics. Then again, it doesn't get on the screens that often, and when it is, chances are you're watching the world's very best.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Horse racing - one of the best things about living here is that no one gives a monkeys about any horse-based sports.

Formula 1 - if it was just the race then maybe it would be bearable. But the training and qualifying? What a load of crap. Takes up far too much airtime.

Ski jumping - one of the worst things about living here is that ski jumping is a national obsession. That's only because it's one of the few sports Austria does well in on a world level. It's like watching paint dry.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Anything involving horses
Basketball
American throwball
Long distance running

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Darts - a game for fat chavs with chunky jewelry watched by fat chavs with chunky jewelry behaving like zoo animals in the background.

going to the darts is f***ing excellent.

you can f***ing keep golf. i have seen many a good bloke turned into a f***ing boring idiot by golf. people cracking jokes about playing it to get out the wifes hair, all those mongs watching the f***ing open, saying shit things like 'business is done on the golf course', and of course all the clobber. the most cringy sport going.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
going to the darts is f***ing excellent.

you can f***ing keep golf. i have seen many a good bloke turned into a f***ing boring idiot by golf. people cracking jokes about playing it to get out the wifes hair, all those mongs watching the f***ing open, saying shit things like 'business is done on the golf course', and of course all the clobber. the most cringy sport going.

Yes, you mention a very good point. The utter disgusting awfulness of golf clothing.
What sort of sport is it that gets played in beige chinos?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
the RFU has more money than any other union, yet we are consistently shit on the world stage. One world cup win is not a good return on the world stage.

Consistently shit is a bit of a harsh statement! There's only been 6 rugby world cups so far, we've been in the final of 3 of those and won 1.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Consistently shit is a bit of a harsh statement! There's only been 6 rugby world cups so far, we've been in the final of 3 of those and won 1.
We've had *very* kind draws in two of those though.

And that ignores the fact that we get turned over by nations with 1/10th of our population in every other six nation tournament, we win only half (at best) our home autumn internationals against the southern hemisphere teams, and we get absolutely battered whenever we send teams down there.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I never quite understand how anyone can "hate" a sport. You can find it dull, probably because you've never taken the trouble to understand it properly, but I don't see how you can have feelings anymore negative than "nah, bores me, so I never watch it."

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Hating or disliking (or indeed loving) a sport is more than just about the actual game or activity itself, it's also about the culture around it, the history of it and the people involved in it.
There's nothing intrinsically awful about hitting a small ball with a stick into a hole in as fews goes as possible. But if you then start adding plus fours, ridiculously elitist country clubs, Pringle jumpers, Colin Montgomerie and Nick Faldo, that's when you start disliking it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would never say that I hate a sport, there are plenty I have tried and a fair few that I haven't...that goes for playing and watching. However, there are still a few that have absolutely no interest for me whatsoever, they are golf, rugby (either code), snooker and motor-bike racing...if any of them were being played in my back garden I would close the curtains!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not only is the term 'egg chasing' incredibly cringeworthy, it is factually incorrect.

egg.jpg

not-equal-sign.gif

BARBARIAN_MATCH_BALL.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here