Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports Personality of the Year Poll - Who should win?

Who should win the BBC Sports Personality of the Year

• Rebecca Adlington

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Ben Ainslie

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Joe Calzaghe

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Nicole Cooke

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Chris Hoy

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Andy Murray

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Christine Ohuruogu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rebecca Romero

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Bradley Wiggins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Worthy winner imo!

Oh, & he got my vote too (but luckily I don't like to talk about it). ;)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Ain't that the truth hon. An all-time great as a player & human being. Tears flowing down in the TT house when he was on stage. Brilliant. :clap:

I think the Sir bobby bit was the highlight especially looking for Jack who then appeared to present the award. They've had a bit of a long running fued so hopefully this will be the end of it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Love the way when this was announced NSC had only 14% voting for him but now that has grown to 20%!!! Not a lot of point voting now is there?!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When Bobby Charlton got the Lifetime achievement award, that was the best moment of the night. What a fantastic and touching tribute to a living legend.

Very true. No one deserves it more. Although I said the same when Bobby Robson got it!!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
you know everybody's opinion then, I like tennis all year, if fact I spent 5 hours playing it today

What do you want a f***ing medal? Because you'll be the only Brit to ever win won playing the stupid game if you do!

I'm not talking about playing the game, I'm talking as a spectator sport

NO ONE cares about PROFESSIONAL tennis in this country other than when Wimbledon is on.

Sad day for British sport! Can you imagine the Americans giving sports person of the year to a bloke on a Raleigh Burner wearing a lampshade?

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I don't think it was. Who cares about a man who goes round the track with two wheels. When Lewis Hamilton puts his life on the line everytime at 200MPH! The amazing last lap at Brazil...

200mph, i don't think so.the last time an F1 car went that fast was at the old Hockenheim circuit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When Bobby Charlton got the Lifetime achievement award, that was the best moment of the night. What a fantastic and touching tribute to a living legend.

I once was standing behind him at a cashpoint and asked for his autograph, he told me to sod off!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who is Chris Hoy ?

Did he win minority sports personality of he year award ?

Who won the proper award though ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here