Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Has to be Lewis Hamilton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would hope an Olympian wins this as their chance comes once every 4 years where as Lewis Hamilton will win driver championships loads of times.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I would hope an Olympian wins this as their chance comes once every 4 years where as Lewis Hamilton will win driver championships loads of times.

I agree the problem is that the Olympians will share the vote.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree the problem is that the Olympians will share the vote.

It seems a great shame this as many Olympians were superb this year - cyclists, runners, sailors, rowers etc and we should be in even better shape for London 2012.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It seems a great shame this as many Olympians were superb this year - cyclists, runners, sailors, rowers etc and we should be in even better shape for London 2012.

The thing is that most of those sports with the exception of maybe the runners are really only ever on TV during the Olympics. So the vast majority of people only hear about them every 4 years. Ask the average man on the street who won the men's Olympic cycling gold at both team and individual sprint and most will not be able to tell you. They may know who Chris Hoy is but not what he did. Ask them who won the F1 championship this year and they are more likely to know. They will all most certainly know who Lewis Hamilton is.

The other sports do not have the money, following or TV appeal that F1 as. This means that we only get to see them on TV during major events like the Olympics.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Highlight - UK cycling, whether that be track or road.
Lowlight - Aspects of cheating scum in world cycling.

If Mark Cavendish were a footballer he would have been sainted after this season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The thing is that most of those sports with the exception of maybe the runners are really only ever on TV during the Olympics. So the vast majority of people only hear about them every 4 years. Ask the average man on the street who won the men's Olympic cycling gold at both team and individual sprint and most will not be able to tell you. They may know who Chris Hoy is but not what he did. Ask them who won the F1 championship this year and they are more likely to know. They will all most certainly know who Lewis Hamilton is.

The other sports do not have the money, following or TV appeal that F1 as. This means that we only get to see them on TV during major events like the Olympics.

Never thought of it like that and you are right as the four year cycle of Olympics also means they only have their 15 minbutes of fame as opposed to wall to wall with Lewis etc.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Lewis winning the F1 world championship, very closely followed by the fantastic display by our Olympians run a close second and third.

But this for me, last month. Bath V Leicester, 5th min of extra time, Leicester 21:18 up and this is the last play of the game. What Butch James was thinking I do not know, but the kick and then subsequent "hail mary" lob from Alex Crockett was outstanding. The reaction of the crowd, team and bench sums it up. Even the Leicester supporters applouded it.:clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIbe1sYQK14

(sorry dunno how to get the YT pic on the screen)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For me it has to be the Olympic cyclists. Everything about them was superb.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The European team wiping the floor with the Americans at the Breeders' Cup, and Raven's Pass and Frankie Dettori winning the Classic in particular.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
This was OK, i suppose.:bounce:

Attachments

• 240108_Wallpaper.jpg
    240108_Wallpaper.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 88

algie