Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sporting Colours

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Remember this left-turn in life I took a few months ago?

Well, I've made the turn properly now. Sadly, my first idea of opening a bar has yet to come to fruition, so I am embarking on something which I always considered to be my 'Plan B'.

The proposition was always to create a shop/boutique selling sportswear not ordinarily available through High Street outlets. I believe there is a market for Sussex-led and Sussex-inspired merchandise featuring a wide range of goods from Sussex’s many and varied sporting institutions. Sussex is not necessarily considered to be a working-class sporting county. However, it is a county with a sense of pride in its history. With the recent successes of Brighton & Hove Albion, Sussex County Cricket and Brighton Bears, there is a renewed interest in many of these sports, and in these sport clubs.

One of the guiding principles of popularity in numbers is being able to feel part of the success. Using the maxim, ‘let the dog see the rabbit’, many people would become interested in these clubs, promoting a sense of local pride, if they had the opportunity to see what the clubs had achieved, and was available to them for wearing/using/owning. So to this end, I intend to open, hopefully at the end of November, SPORTING COLOURS, 94 Gloucester Road, North Laine, Brighton.

STOCKISTS OF:
• THE widest range of TOFFS shirts in the South
• Brighton & Hove Albion merchandise
• Sussex County Cricket Club merchandise
• Football, rugby and cricket shirts from a number of Sussex clubs
• Exclusive stockist of ‘Made In Sussex’, ‘Park Football’ and ‘North Stand Chat’ range of T-shirts, sweatshirts and hooded tops
• Brand new editions of Subbuteo®
• Assorted memorabilia and merchandise

The range of North Stand Chat T-shirts will feature some of NSC's regular in-jokes. £5.00 from the sale of every NSC-range T-shirt will go to REMF.

Do come in and have a browse, chat with knowledgeable staff (moi plus others) about football, love, life, politics, possibly purchase that little something as a Christmas present for a dearly loved one, or even yourself. Who knows, they could even be the same person...?

In fact, this is my first proper business venture and I am a tad nervous about it. I am confident it will work, so do come by. Oh, and there will be a 10% discount to all North Stand Chatterboxes.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Absolutely brilliant - best of luck with it. Open it NOW, I want to see what you have.:clap2: :clap2:

Will you have old-skool TOFFS international shirts?

beckenbauer.jpg

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Hope it is a very successful venture TLO:clap:

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Best of luck with that TLO. I'm sure many NSC'ers will be popping in. I certainly will, and just in time for Xmas shopping too!!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Ernest said:
And many NSC'ers he has insulted on here won't :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Never burn bridges, you might need an outlet for your official ARS merchandise

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
That sounds great:clap: :clap:

Will you be selling old collectible stuff (e.g old programmes/badges etc)? Or newly produced stuff (e.g the Toffs range/NSC t-shirts)?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
St.PauliNeverMindT0607.jpg

Good Luck

Try and get hold of St Pauli range. should appeal to the passing North Laine trade

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Mainly new, WW. Although I can make new versions of old badges.

Incidentally, the top floor will be taken up with a permanent set-up of Subbuteo. So come down even if you only want a game.

Edit: Even though it's not Sussex, I can create my own, or I can buy those St Pauli T-shirts in. In which case, does anyone have a contact?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here