Glorious sunny day

In a town full of racists

Cue music from 'The Outer Limits'

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
bigc said:
No Hinsh though, thank god

I heard that young Hinch was at fault for their goal.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
And we're playing a game on Tuesday night so start panicking if we draw 0-0 with Briston Rovers

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Reevesy, we are 100% with you in getting rid of the fascist scumbags from the BNP, I read The Times and the Guardian.

Chill out man, we take all the 'faggots' chants with good grace, do the same with the 'fascist' ones

This is from the BBC by the way

The far-right British National Party has recorded its best-ever general election result in a constituency plagued by recent racial unrest.
BNP leader Nick Griffin came third in the Oldham West and Royton constituency, behind Labour Environment Minister Michael Meacher and the Conservative candidate.

Mr Griffin polled 6,552 votes, pushing the Liberal Democrats into fourth place.

The BNP share of the vote was 16.4%

The party also recorded a strong result in the neighbouring constituency of Oldham East and Saddleworth.

Taxi driver Mick Treacy collected 5,091 votes, some 11% of the total vote.

White people have lodged their protest against racist attacks, through the ballot box

Nick Griffin
It is the first time the party has saved its deposit in the north of England.
The BNP concentrated its efforts on a strong showing in Oldham following recent clashes between young Asians and the police in the city.

Protest vote

Mr Griffin claimed victory for the party saying: "White people have lodged their protest against racist attacks through the ballot box."

Some have accused the party of deliberately inflaming a tense situation.

Members of the Anti-Nazi League staged a protest in Oldham.

Around 80 Anti-Nazi League demonstrators stood outside the hall where the Oldham counts took place, waving placards as the count got under way.

The chief executive of Oldham Council, Andrew Kilburn, banned candidates from addressing the counts for fear that a demonstration by the BNP might incite further racial tension.

Gags

Both BNP candidates wore gags in protest at the ruling.

Mr Griffin denied the BNP was inflaming racial tension.

He said: "It's not going to incite violence. White people have felt there is no-one standing up for them, they don't have a political voice.

"Young men feel there is nothing for them in the political process. Now they know there is someone standing up for them. It means these youngsters can get involved in the political process and have a voice."

Mr Griffin added: "There are thousands and thousands of white people who feel intimidated by the violent Asian minority."

Mr Meacher blamed the strong BNP showing partly on William Hague's recent speech about the dangers of Britain becoming a foreign land.

He said such sentiments had driven people into the arms of the far right.

Mr Meacher said: "This vote comes on the back of the deliberate stirring up of violence, intimidation and hatred over the past month or so which has destroyed local politics."

Recently released figures show that 572 racist attacks have occurred in Oldham over the last year with 60% of victims white.

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
The BNP are the scum of the Earth and I'm delighted to say that they hold no council seats in Oldham. Unlike Burnley, Blackburn, Halifax, etc we don't have such a high proportion of wankers as these towns to vote for the BNP.

Reeves_for_England

Aug 3, 2003
I thought that you'd sang 'You're just a town full of pakis' (as Wigan, Port Vale, etc love to do) which pissed me off a bit, but if you reckon that it was really '...town full of racists' then fair enough. Only a bit of banter.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Hopefully this season will be nothing like last year. Not sure what will happen against Bristol Rovers, but I am sure that whatever happens afterwards will be nothing like last year. Apart from maybe a 10 game winning run this time. :)

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
El Presidente said:
Win 3-1

Three up at one point and late consolation for them

Glorious sunny day

In a town full of racists

Cue music from 'The Outer Limits'

I wasn't going to say anything, but.......

I wonder if it would be worth my while having a few quid on Albion for relegation again? 28/1 was available the last I saw. I expect the price is even bigger now.

Nah, I don't think so. Not this time. Having watched our rubbish manage to escape the same division last year, despite the fact that we were crap for months on end, I shouldn't think you'll have too much trouble!

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Exiled in Exeter said:
Hopefully this season will be nothing like last year. Not sure what will happen against Bristol Rovers, but I am sure that whatever happens afterwards will be nothing like last year. Apart from maybe a 10 game winning run this time. :)
10 Match? why not go for 12?:clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if it happends again, well ill eat my hat!:smokin:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
bigc said:
10 Match? why not go for 12?:clap:

Personally I'm on for a 46.

The essential difference here is that the manager this time says that he wasn't impressed, and that the players will have to do much better than that.
last season, the bloke said, basically, that his career was made, and that he could "retire now as a happy man".
:shootself

Simple lesson in management skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here