Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsor Brett and Megan / Auction of Spice Girls Tickets

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Hello Fine People of NSC

Myself and Megan (Lord Bracknells Daughter) are going to embark on an adventure to raise money for Computer Aid International

We will be cycling around the whole of CUBA over 8 days, starting on February 23rd 2008

We need to raise £5000 between us by 21st December 2007.
The money will then go towards refurbishing 40 laptops and PCs and creating two 20 station computer labs in Cuba.

I as yet dont even own a bike, but hopefully that will change this weekend. The challenge will also mean me having to give up my first Albion games of the season - Carlisle away, Oldham and Orient at Home - as well as having to give up cider and fry ups in a bid to get some kind of fitness.

So we ask for your kind generosity and please sponsor us online by this link
www.justgiving.com/brettandmegan

There will also be a couple of fundraising events which I will keep you all posted about in due course

Also you can join our new facebook group - where we will keep you up to date with how much money we have raised and how our training is going, as well as keeping you up to date whilst we are out there
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5853377205

Many Thank You Pleases :)

Brett & Megan x

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
also the trip will look a bit like this:

Day 1
Fly London to Havana, Cuba and warm up with a Mojito

Day 2
Transfer to Bay of Pigs for Bike fittings and final rest before the bike ride

Day 3
Bay of Pigs - Cienfuegos (85km)
Cycling across the Zapata Peninsula National Park

Day 4
Cienfuegos - Trinidad (81km)
After a hilly start we go along the coast, then through pasture lands

Day 5
Trinidad - Topes de Collantes (39km)
Cycling through villages and Sugar Plantations

Day 6
Topes de Collantes - Santa Clara (84km)
The toughest day of the trip going up and over the Santa Clara mountains

Day 7
Santa Clara - Cienfuegos (80km)
A flat day going through sugar cane fields, then along the coast

Day 8
Project Visit & Havana
We cycle to Havan and then visit a school which has benefited from PC's raised by sponsorship money

Day 9
Free time relaxing in Havana before the flight back home to London

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was wondering about that. Have I been duped into contributing my hard earned benefit money towards Brett's holiday?

I reckon so!

In all seriousness I'd be interested as to how much of the £5k pays for the trip itself and how much goes on the actual cause.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I reckon so!

In all seriousness I'd be interested as to how much of the £5k pays for the trip itself and how much goes on the actual cause.

Each person has to raise £2500, £800 of which goes towards flights and accomodation for that person

Also it costs each person £200 to enter

As for the Africa bit, (taken from their website) Computer Aid International provides only the highest-quality, professionally refurbished computers for reuse in education, health and not-for-profit organisations in developing countries. Computer Aid has shipped over 90,000 PCs to where they are most needed in more than 100 countries, making us the world's largest and most experienced not-for-profit supplier of ICT 4 Development.

http://www.computeraid.org/

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As for the Africa bit, (taken from their website) Computer Aid International provides only the highest-quality, professionally refurbished computers for reuse in education, health and not-for-profit organisations in developing countries. Computer Aid has shipped over 90,000 PCs to where they are most needed in more than 100 countries, making us the world's largest and most experienced not-for-profit supplier of ICT 4 Development.

http://www.computeraid.org/

Sorry, I only mentioned the Africa bit as above you said:

The money will then go towards refurbishing 40 laptops and PCs and creating two 20 station computer labs in Cuba.

I'm only interested, really, because I had a holiday in Cuba this year. I'm choosy about which poor people I help.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Uh, Brett, I don't wanna be, like, uncool or anything, but, y'know, 'Miss Lord Bracknell' makes you sound like a bit of a thickie (lol, guess reading books kinda sucks, yeah?)

(Can I give you a fiver in person? Don't do credit cards)

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
also the trip will look a bit like this:

Day 1
Fly London to Havana, Cuba and warm up with a Mojito

Day 2
Transfer to Bay of Pigs for Bike fittings and final rest before the bike ride

Day 3
Bay of Pigs - Cienfuegos (85km)
Cycling across the Zapata Peninsula National Park

Day 4
Cienfuegos - Trinidad (81km)
After a hilly start we go along the coast, then through pasture lands

Day 5
Trinidad - Topes de Collantes (39km)
Cycling through villages and Sugar Plantations

Day 6
Topes de Collantes - Santa Clara (84km)
The toughest day of the trip going up and over the Santa Clara mountains

Day 7
Santa Clara - Cienfuegos (80km)
A flat day going through sugar cane fields, then along the coast

Day 8
Project Visit & Havana
We cycle to Havan and then visit a school which has benefited from PC's raised by sponsorship money

Day 9
Free time relaxing in Havana before the flight back home to London

I don't wish to be a complete smart-arse, but I don't think that's quite the whole of Cuba - unless a bit's dropped off since I was last there...
I spend quite a bit of time there, so PM me if you need any info.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here