Prob the best political satire ever.

Discuss.

upld-item4885photo

:lolol: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
FFS Looney, how can it be the best ever. You don't know what they'll write in the future :rolleyes:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
tedebear said:
a bust of Thatcher? I don't get it??

The bust is of a puppet used on the ITV satirical show Spitting Image that was on the telly quite a few years ago now. All sketches were puppet based and voiced by the likes of Chris Barrie, Steve Coogan and Kate Robbins.

The puppets were all very-much charicatures - Ken Baker was slug, John Major was entirely monochrome etc, etc.

(PS, they had a No 1 hit with "The Chicken Song" - B Side "I Never Met A Nice South African" (which kind of dates it for you))

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They did moot about remaking some as obviously it was only around when the Tories were in power.

Fluck and Law have stated that they would love to make some more because there is so much they can take the piss out of now that we have had 3 terms of Labour.

Interesting to note that Allan Bstard is now a member of the Labour Party.

The Blair Bstard

http://www.thisistheatre.com/regional/new-statesman.html

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
WATFORD zero said:
FFS Looney, how can it be the best ever. You don't know what they'll write in the future :rolleyes:

As in ever made abbreviated, for ever doesn't abbrev Illiterate Fucktard!

E

enigma

looney said:

With your spelling, I'm not sure you're in a position to criticise.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spitting Image was Quality entertainment.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
enigma said:
With your spelling, I'm not sure you're in a position to criticise.

It was supposed to be ironic ya pink thonged squealing shitcake hiding under richard whitley's nutsack. Now clamp thos buck toothed choppers before I kick them out.:angry:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
looney said:

Sorry looney, i would rather take what you write literally than to delve into your consciousness trying to figure out what you're thinking. :nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
brightonfan_86 said:
I thought Splitting Image was brillant, I wish they did more episodes through.
And just how the f*** would you know, Mr Wetpants?

They still do Spitting Image-type satires in Spain and Portugal using the Luck and Flaw style of puppets. Didn't understand it, though because they were lampooning their own politicians in their own language, and Portuguese is a bastard to learn.

A thought, on the subject of political lampooning, if these puppets were still made, what physical metaphor (e.g. slug, monochrome) would they use for Ann de Vecchi?

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
WATFORD zero said:
Sorry looney, i would rather take what you write literally than to delve into your consciousness trying to figure out what you're thinking. :nono:

Obviously, you trying to understand my thinking would be like giving a dog a book to read. There is a good reason we all dont have a tail and you do, but again, its a concept thats beyond you.l

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here