Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spiritulism & healing

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
anyone know of someone who goes to a spiritulist church or a healer?
maybe you go yourself or you've had someone try to heal you?

my misses auntie is a spiritulist and i've talked to her in great depth.
she has some remarkable stories.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think it's hokum, absolute poppycock.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
My daughter had cancer and we took her to two healers, one here and another in Spain (we didn't go to Spain especially for that, she was being treated in a Spanish hospital at the time).

I don't really want to post too much about it and while my daughter was never 'healed/cured' she and we took a great deal of comfort from our experiences.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
i think there is a lot more to it than meets the eye.
there's definately spirits out there.
i know that just from past experiences of doing things like the ouiji board

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The only spirit I believe in is Whisky.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Starry said:
My daughter had cancer and we took her to two healers, one here and another in Spain (we didn't go to Spain especially for that, she was being treated in a Spanish hospital at the time).

I don't really want to post too much about it and while my daughter was never 'healed/cured' she and we took a great deal of comfort from our experiences.

personallu u feel its total buncum but if it brings people some confort, i say go for it. but best keep up with tried and proven treatments.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
moggy said:
there's definately spirits out there. i know that
What do these spirits look like then? Do any of them look like grey horses?

I've been receiving some very disturbing PMs recently. :wave: :wave: ;) ;)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
People get seriously ill and often require an alternative to the long-winded or long-worded or foul-breathed possibilities that the future grimly holds. Some may possibly power the brain more than fact would with belief or spoken alternative. In some ways i imagine it beneficial.
Personally, i craved the miserablism i previously bathed and burnt myself in, so i could linger in recognisable discomfort rather than it all prowling new.

Personally, i craved the miserablism i previously bathed and burnt myself in, so i could linger in recognisable discomfort rather than it all prowling new.

Is that what we would call depression.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst I don't understand it but all I would say is that if it helps then don't knock it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Spiritual Healing is the placebo effect in work.

The mind is a powerful and unknown quantity , so unlocking it's functions can be a subconscious thing that leads to things we can't explain.

If someone believes enough that spiritual healing might help them then through power of suggestion it might in some way.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
cannedheat said:

Is that what we would call depression.

:)
I wish it were that simple.
Although i suppose you could say my skull was depressed in places, by a car that rolled over it and parked me in a coma.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The problem I have with spiritual healing is not that it might be of limited value, hey if it helps whether it's a placebo or not then that's a good thing. My problem is the number of charlatans and con artists profiting from the vulnerable.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Voroshilov said:
The problem I have with spiritual healing is not that it might be of limited value, hey if it helps whether it's a placebo or not then that's a good thing. My problem is the number of charlatans and con artists profiting from the vulnerable.

That's the problem how do you licence and regulate an industry that can't provide valid scientific backed evidence it works.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
desprateseagull said:
personallu u feel its total buncum but if it brings people some confort, i say go for it. but best keep up with tried and proven treatments.

Indeed! And we gave my daughter all the medical care we could along side seeing the healers. I was never totally open to the idea that a lady up the road could cure my daughter but when I was faced with "she is dying anyway but if we try this it might help" type situation, we had no choice but to try.

Ultimately it didn't help cure her, but the time we spent in Spain was made a hundred times better than it would have been otherwise, by the healer we had there.

And touching on the profiting mentioned above we paid no money to either healer. The lady in Spain we sent a fruit basket and some flowers when we flew back, the healer here requested we donate in their name to a cancer charity.

I'd do it again, should I God forbid ever find myself in a similar situation again.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
moggy said:
anyone know of someone who goes to a spiritulist church or a healer?
maybe you go yourself or you've had someone try to heal you?

If so, we'd like to hear from you. Write to: 'The Trisha Show', Channel 5...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here