Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spireites takeaway Currie as Brighton are left all at sea...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
:bla::bla::bla::bla:

Getting boring now, enjoy what u think is a massive transfer coup.... think the fact he wouldn't have started for us but will clearly be your star player tells you about the gulf between our two teams

azul

Jul 15, 2008
:bla::bla::bla::bla:

Getting boring now, enjoy what u think is a massive transfer coup.... think the fact he wouldn't have started for us but will clearly be your star player tells you about the gulf between our two teams

I'm not bored, yet

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why don't you write to Luton Today and tell them?

I am sure it will be easy enough to come by a large envelope in Chesterfield.

lakesideenv.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So he didn't want to come here having been courted on two occasions now, oh well, I think he would have been a useful addition to the squad but it's hardly a hammer blow

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Only a "bit" player......always was always will be!!:laugh:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What is Currie up to?
According to the link above he has settled his demands with Luton Town, but according to the Derbyshire Times he says he still needs to tie up loose ends with Luton. That is printed today?

Currie set to spice up Blues - Chesterfield Today

This is from the article
But he had a year left on his contract at the Kenilworth Road club, who have been relegated to League Two and look set to kick off next month with a daunting 30-point deduction, and Currie was keen to tie up that loose end before he moved on.

This is the same old story he gave us, is there a third club perhaps offering more than Chesterfield? Now that would really be funny.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's rather sad that Chesterfield fans feel the need to make a big deal out of something that most of us are indifferent to. I guess that shows the limit of their expectations.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's rather sad that Chesterfield fans feel the need to make a big deal out of something that most of us are indifferent to. I guess that shows the limit of their expectations.
I agree, but if you're a Chesterfield fan when do you ever get the chance to gloat? Let 'em have their five minutes in the sun as they bask in the fact they managed to snatch the lower-league Ronaldo from out of our grasp. Bless.

PS - Do you remember SpiriteSteve and his 'Tellyscope'? It was admittedly a while back when we were in the same divison. It was the year they were caught cheating and they moaned that they would have been the champions if it hadn't been for the points deduction. (Maths not being a stong point in that part of the world).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Maybe we should go on one of their sites and 'boast' about signing Colin Hawkins, they wanted to sign him as well. Of course he is nowhere near the end of his career and realised that even as a sub he's taken a giant step up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I still can't find any conformation of him signing for Chesterfield?
But according to this link he played in a friendly on Saturday and these fans were not to impressed.

Rivals - Forum - Posts - Chesterfield

I assume they know what they are getting from him though? He's not going to give you 90 minutes of hard work... even when he was with us 3 (?) years ago, he was there for the dead ball stuff, plus the odd cross, and he's probably slower and less fit now.

Don't get me wrong, he is a talent on the ball, but as has been said before. he was not (imho) going to play every game for us, or complete every match he played.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here