Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spiraling wage bill at B&HA?

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
I think he wants rid of a big squad though- he doesn't want to have unhappy players who will never get in the team. So I am sure he will explain that unhappy players would be better off elsewhere

I think just after he became manager that he said he wanted to have his own 22 man squad next summer so I wouldn't be too surprised to see a some players leave either before the window shuts or in the summer.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
This club has always managed it's wage level. I really don't think we have to be concerned about this.

Hmmmm. Sorry, but anyone who has supported the club since the 70s and 80s will know differently.

Look, the very reason those c*nts Archer and Stanley were able to justify selling the Goldstone was because we were up to our necks in debt. The late 70s and early 80s were brilliant times, but totally unsustainable and the root of the troubles that we are still recovering from now.When we came down from the top division we had a massive wage bill that Bamber's cash could no longer cover. We ended up with a fire-sale of players going on the cheap and years of fighting off winding up orders because the club had been managed badly.

I'd love to think that we can bank on TB forever, but that's what Pompey fans relied on with Milan Mandaric and what Palace fans thought about Simon Jordan. I want success for us as much as the next Brighton fan, but it's got to be sustainable and not totally reliant on the generosity of one individual.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd love to think that we can bank on TB forever, but that's what Pompey fans relied on with Milan Mandaric and what Palace fans thought about Simon Jordan. I want success for us as much as the next Brighton fan, but it's got to be sustainable and not totally reliant on the generosity of one individual.

The quote in my signature tells you everything you should need to know about why Bloom is different from Jordan or Mandaric.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
The quote in my signature tells you everything you should need to know about why Bloom is different from Jordan or Mandaric.

Look, I don't doubt his motives for a second - he's a Brighton fan through and through. But that doesn't mean that we should allow ourselves to get into a position where our wage bill would be totally beyond our means without his cash. What if he falls under a bus tomorrow? What if his business interests take a turn for the worse? And who is to say that Tango-man didn't have the best of intentions for the scum?

Actually, I think Bloom's management so far has been very prudent. I'm only making these comments in response to some, who think that we should be paying players half a million pounds a week at a time when the best we can hope for is crowds of 8,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here