Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spiders

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I love them. In the UK they're harmless wonderful things. Happily clearing up the flies and stuff humans don't like.
I have loads of them in my house, and they're welcome.

unless ya get bitten by a false widow then ya get a nasty bite. Not dangerous but enough to make ya feel a bit shit

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hate them.

You must learn to love them,let them go free,even hold them-but how can this be done with a big fat,"Shredded Wheat" legged garden spider? it can't-me too.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've got quite a collection of spiders in my bedroom. They never seem to move so I don't harm them and am quite happy to keep me company. :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Be careful, they're out looking for a mate.

We've had a few mahoosive ones in the past week, the latest was tonight hiding behind the toilet door - scared the life out of my young daughter

The big house spiders with the 'boxing gloves' on are the males out looking for a mate around this time of year and especially in September. I think the females are even bigger but don't have the boxing gloves on and aren't seen as much?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Just disposed of probably the biggest spider i have ever seen in my life - hiding behind the bathroom door. Couldn't even bring myself to whack it, had to kill it with boiling water - bloody hate the things.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just disposed of probably the biggest spider i have ever seen in my life - hiding behind the bathroom door. Couldn't even bring myself to whack it, had to kill it with boiling water - bloody hate the things.

:nono: Couldn't you have scooped it up with a newspaper or magazine and put it outside alive? What an awful way to die. It wasn't poisonous. I hope I don't get reincarnated as a spider reading some of these posts.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
:nono: Couldn't you have scooped it up with a newspaper or magazine and put it outside alive? What an awful way to die. It wasn't poisonous. I hope I don't get reincarnated as a spider reading some of these posts.

Yes, i often wonder if there might be some sort of retribution for my actions in a future life, but i can't help it, i cannot stand the things.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

I understand the sentiment but I would never get that close knowingly to one of those house spider bastards. My method of choice at the moment is the long extension funnel of the hoover.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
earth-graphics-200_1080292a.jpg

AuntAgonist

Plastic fan
Apr 29, 2011
Don't mind spiders and will happily handle them and put them outside trying not to hurt them - but that photo on the front page of the big momma with all those spiderlings.... get the hoover out straight away!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here