Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spiderman 3 .....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The simple success of Spidey 1 and 2 was the building of character and the horror each felt to emotionally force them into the position they are now physically in. So, Parker was bitten, yes, but the tragedy of his uncie Ben's death and blame he felt for that popped him in the boots of a hero. The Green Goblin had his entire life's work robbed of him, or sold, by those treacherous buffoons with golden cufflinks and striped shirts. So mania took him over to reclaim his urgency and right. In Spidey 2, Doctor Octopus' sure-footed nuclear experimentation, what he thought was the solution to human struggle, exploded and took his wife with it. Guilt forced him to act without forethought or concern. Justice is what's needed.
Now, with each of these characters, time is taken, background given and the battles therein have meaning, and consequence.
I Spidey 3 there were 3 villains with no fascinating compartments who you could support or wish the death of. And Spidey turns into a self-important jazz dancer. MJ is almost nothing throughout, for Spidey and for us. Not for a real minute do i wonder what might happen, or worry someone may drop. A real disappointment in that way.
Visually impressive, but the writing and acting thereof were shambolic and poorly composed.
Makes me angry thinking about it. But then, almost everything does.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was a few too many subplots wasn't there.
Harry and the shadow of his dead dad
MJ and her nosediving career
Sandman and his ill daughter
The weird black inky spaceman thing making Peter all NAUGHTY
The MJ/Harry/Parker love triangle
Parkers new rivalry with the new photographer

It was more like a weeks worth of HOME AND AWAY in one go.

Last edited:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I thought it was very poor. I don't know if it's the crap screens down the marina but i found it hard to see what was going on during the fight scenes as it was all too close and dark.

I didn't understand what was going on with Harry. Did he have his father's schizophrenia? Did he actually have some kind of invulnerability? I scoffed audibly when he turned up after being blown up!!

Also the Superhero turning bad thing has already been done in Superman 3 only better. "I know, to make him bad let's give him Emo hair and eye-liner!!" That whole part of the film is what really spoilt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here