Spicy food addicts

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you one?

I am.

I have some West Indian hot chilli sauce I put on nearly everything, and those crushed chilli things too.

I bought a jar of picked hot chillis with the intention of chopping them up and using them in dishes. I ate them all, whole, straight out of the jar.

Is there any end to my craving for food that turns my mouth into a small, yet potent, nuclear device?

Does this sound like you too?

Or am I an even bigger FREAK than I previously thought?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm a bit of a wimp on the spicey food front. Hottest curry I go for is a Balti, although I do like a bit of the crispy shredded chilli beef fom the chinese, cos thats quite acceptable.

Had a Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodle once (the ones in the black pot). NEVER again. It was like putting my mouth over a gas hob, and the whole thing just turned into a hideous ordeal which left me laid up for nearly four days afterwards.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I have a Bombay Bad boy for breakfast most days, do I qualify ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Bombay Bad Boy is possibly the hottest mass-consumer product I have come across. Haven't had one for ages but I do like them. My forehead may be slightly damp during and after consumption.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I can quite happily eat a jar of jalapenos and love spicy food too. The one thing that was too hot was a chilli and lime sauce (by bics i think?) from sainsburys. Pure evil, this stuff had me dancing around the kitchen chucking water down my mouth and shouting it burns, it burns!

Last edited:

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I love spicy food! I put tabasco on everything, and Nando's is my favourite 'fast food' takeaway!

I remember one night at uni - i was short on cash and it was a saturday - went to tesco to buy supplies for my quiet evening in. 2 litres of Strongbow and a jar of pickled chillis!

I felt so ashamed!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I ALWAYS have jalapenos in my SubWay, used to have a bacon sarnie and have a healthy dumoping of hit chilli sauce or tabasco sauce.
Love chilli foods and spicy :clap:

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
CrabtreeBHA said:
I ALWAYS have jalapenos in my SubWay

Just had one for lunch and had to ask for extra jalepenos, due to a prevalence in Edinburgh of soft bastards who can't take their chilli.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The jalapeno is a bit of a myth - they are not really that hot. Occasionally you'll come across a fruity little one - but not that often in my experience.

One tip: when you have been eating chillis straight from a jar, or similar, with your hands - do not rub your eyes. That does hurt!

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Bozza said:
One tip: when you have been eating chillis straight from a jar, or similar, with your hands - do not rub your eyes. That does hurt!

There are other places you shouldn't rub...

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Mmmmmmmm, spicy stuff! Absolutely love anything spicy, the hotter the better. Chilli sauce from Uncle Sams is painfully beautiful, as is my weekly vindaloo. Also always cover any burgers or chips with some lovely West Indian Hot Pepper Sauce which brings tears to the eyes!

Lovely!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Sussex on Leith said:
Just had one for lunch and had to ask for extra jalepenos, due to a prevalence in Edinburgh of soft bastards who can't take their chilli.

we went to a SubWay on the last day of the Stag Do in Edinburgh opposite the theatre place (had some dragon thing going on). Stunningly fit blonde bird working behind the counter too!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
just reading this thread has rekindled my addiction

off to the Shahi tonight then for an extra hot King Prawn Madras

I can take most but the chilli sauce you get in any Chinatown restaurant with the Salt Ribs is hottest I've ever had.:flameboun

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I also now have a craving for a veggie jalfrezi from my local which they make for me as hot as anything.

I do believe I am salivating at the prospect.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Bozza said:

or your missus...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here