Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speeding tix from fixed camera

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
Few years ago there was a loophole by not signing your form. Is this still true?

Are there any websites with the list of questions e.g. "when was camera last calibrated"?

Whats the latest way to play this?

Got two tix; 36 in a 30 and 35 in a 30.....they can feck right off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only way out is, if the ticket has been issued after 14 days of the offence.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Stst Brother said:
The only way out is, if the ticket has been issued after 14 days of the offence.

Really? I never knew that one! Let me know how it plays out Brunswick cos its a useful way out!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DAMANCLAY said:
Really? I never knew that one! Let me know how it plays out Brunswick cos its a useful way out!

Deffo, it was in The Sunday Times (I think) a few weeks ago.
Bearing in mind the amount of tickets issued, a fair amount of those are illegal, but as no one knows about the law, everybody pays up.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
you could always driver UNDER the speed limit, and avoid all this
hassle...

was the camera signposted? as i understand it, you have to be given clear notice of am upcoming camera..

but if u r not taking notice of the usual speed signs, what chance does that have..:censored:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Somebody I used to work with has had 2 tickets in her life. On both occasions she replied saying she didn't know who was driving and asked to see the photo. Never heard back on both occasions so got away scott free, certainly can't do any harm trying? ???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What desprateseagull (sic) said. If you don't drive dangerously, you won't get caught. Nothing personal of course but I kind-of hope you do.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
desprateseagull said:
you could always driver UNDER the speed limit, and avoid all this
hassle...

was the camera signposted? as i understand it, you have to be given clear notice of am upcoming camera..

but if u r not taking notice of the usual speed signs, what chance does that have..:censored:

Man of Harveys said:
What desprateseagull (sic) said. If you don't drive dangerously, you won't get caught. Nothing personal of course but I kind-of hope you do.

I appreciate where both of you are coming from but just speeding is not necessarily dangerous and likely to cause a death, not concentrating on the road cos you're sitting there looking at your f***ing speedo is pretty dangerous too!

Many speed camera now are in positions where they are most likely to get some revenue, not save a life. Don't get me wrong speeding can be dangerous, particularly the speeds that some stupid fuckers go but its about when are where, not just the fact that you might be going over the speed limit.

Finally before anyone says something about not knowing the consequences of bad driving my 17 year old best friend was killed in a crash in 2000 and the **** who was driving got 3 years for causing death by dangerous driving. All i'm saying is there's certain times and certain places where you could get a ticket when its not dangerous, don't jump on peoples back when you don't know the circumstances!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
i agree in part with the thinking behind camera- if a road is THAT dangerous, surely it should be redesigned, or have more warning signs..

as the advert goes, its 30 for a reason -to give the pedestrians who foolishly wander on the road (without thinking about the hard, heavy cars!) a chance of surviving a crash..

<high horse>
however, staying under whatever the limit is would avoid any snaps being taken, and so no tickets would be issued to start with..
</high horse>

:banana:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Insist on a court hearing. Then when you're in front of the magistrate, shout: "You'll never take me alive, slags!!" at the top of your voice, and attempt to jump out of the nearest window.

Works every time.

:thumbsup:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Skint Gull said:

Finally before anyone says something about not knowing the consequences of bad driving my 17 year old best friend was killed in a crash in 2000 and the **** who was driving got 3 years for causing death by dangerous driving. All i'm saying is there's certain times and certain places where you could get a ticket when its not dangerous, don't jump on peoples back when you don't know the circumstances!

Sorry to hear that mate, 3 years is a joke for someone who has ended someone else's life. Should be treated as murder in my opinion.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Skint Gull said:
All i'm saying is there's certain times and certain places where you could get a ticket when its not dangerous, don't jump on peoples back when you don't know the circumstances!
Come off it - there's no real excuse for speeding - it's hardly as if you need to stay fixated to the speedo. I DO stick to the limit, other than on the motorway where I do about 75-80, which even the police happily acknowledge they're not interested in clamping down - I think the limit should be 80mph on the motorway, 70mph on dual carriageways, it's absurd that they're the same. But if I did get caught doing that, it's no-one's fault but mine.

(I keep throwing in song lyrics to my drivel today, er...what's going on?)

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Saw a dog hit at speed a long time ago.It went under the car and looped up in the air a bit like a salmon.Tongue lolling out.Dead before it hit the floor.Still,it was only a springer spaniel,and not somebody's kid,sister,mother,brother or whatever.

Speed limits are set for a purpose,not merely to annoy petrolheads.

If you have failed to notice the speed limit sign,you are driving without due care and attention.

So a tip or two.
1) Watch the road and the signs,and follow the instructions.
2)If you are in a 30 mph limit drop into third gear.Your engine will let you know if you are going too fast.

Finally,let's have more speed cameras and more enforcement,and if you are caught remember it is YOU who are breaking the law,and deserve all you get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here