Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speeding Ticket

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Bozza said:
You wouldn't consider asking NSC advice seeking "expert legal advice" then? I bloomin' would...

It would depend on who replied. In some cases it would be "expert advice", in other cases you would be better off asking a 3 year old.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
tommy boy said:
you could've just stayed within the speed limit? you know, the one laid out by law?
What he said. Pay up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Man of Harveys said:
What he said. Pay up.

The law states the powers at be have 14 days from the time of the offence to advise you.
If they have gone beyond that then send it back explaining why.
If they haven't, it's a fair cop, & your going daannn, punky.

As just like you, Nobody should be above the law.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Stst Brother said:
The law states the powers at be have 14 days from the time of the offence to advise you.
If they have gone beyond that then send it back explaining why.
If they haven't, it's a fair cop, & your going daannn, punky.

As just like you, Nobody should be above the law.

Except the maintenance guy fixing the roof of the Scotland Yard building obviously.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
tommy boy said:
you could've just stayed within the speed limit? you know, the one laid out by law?

or get a BIKE

Didn't you know - it's all a conspiracy to cheat decent hard-working law- abiding citizens.

withdeanwombat said:
This sort of rubbish clogs the board almost on a weekly basis.

Speed limits are enforceable by law.Pay up,shut up,and DO try to drive more sensibly,there's a luv.

I appreciate your point but try driving at 30mph in a 30 zone. You will cause a tailback about 10 miles long, get beeped at constantly and receive all manner of rude hand signs.

I'm afraid there's just too many idiots on the roads.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
I appreciate your point but try driving at 30mph in a 30 zone. You will cause a tailback about 10 miles long, get beeped at constantly and receive all manner of rude hand signs.

I'm afraid there's just too many idiots on the roads.

I fail to see how that is an argument for speeding. I do admit, on a motorway or A road, I do hack along, however in a town and lit roads 30 it is.

You just do not know who is going to step out in front of you/

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
I fail to see how that is an argument for speeding. I do admit, on a motorway or A road, I do hack along, however in a town and lit roads 30 it is.

David Hasselhoff?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dave the Gaffer said:

Agree entirely. Besides, if someone came up to you in a pub and said "would you go over there and nick that girl's bag for us," you'd tell them to sod off. So why break the law because some brainless smallcocked arsehole behind you is leaning on you to go faster than 30mph?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
Agree entirely. Besides, if someone came up to you in a pub and said "would you go over there and nick that girl's bag for us," you'd tell them to sod off. So why break the law because some brainless smallcocked arsehole behind you is leaning on you to go faster than 30mph?

oh so you never go over 30 in a 30 limit?

yeah right.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
bhanutz said:
oh so you never go over 30 in a 30 limit?

yeah right.

That wasn't what he was saying was it? His point was that it's a poor excuse for speeding to say that BMW drivers are hassling you and you're holding up traffic.

I'll happily admit I occassionally speed, more often on motorways than in 30mph zones. If I get caught and fined I'll have no defence and only myself to blame.

What I won't do is come on here bleating about how unfair it is and looking for ways to weasel out of the fine.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
having been in a car with harvs i certainly appreciate his efforts to keep his speed down.

it shows a certain respect for the passengers that you can drive slow enough that they can bail out if overly scared

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Years ago I got a flash unit that is normally fixed to a domestic camera and fitted it with a battery and switch.

At night if one of the pillocks up my backside at 30mph was mad enough to overtake I would flash the light in his window just as he went by, just like a speed camera.

It was always a pleasure to see the panic that ensued. Bet they had many sleepless nights:clap: :clap: :clap:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Uncle C said:
Years ago I got a flash unit that is normally fixed to a domestic camera and fitted it with a battery and switch.

At night if one of the pillocks up my backside at 30mph was mad enough to overtake I would flash the light in his window just as he went by, just like a speed camera.

It was always a pleasure to see the panic that ensued. Bet they had many sleepless nights:clap: :clap: :clap:

what a twat!
you were not in a tunnel in Paris about 9 yrs ago were you?:shootself

D

Deleted member 2719

What pisses me off when those sneaky F*ckers hide in the undergrowth in an area where the speed limit needs increasing because it is not realistic i know someone who got caught doing 39mph in a 30mph but really the speed limit should be atleast 40mph.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Mouldy Boots said:
What pisses me off when those sneaky F*ckers hide in the undergrowth in an area where the speed limit needs increasing because it is not realistic i know someone who got caught doing 39mph in a 30mph but really the speed limit should be atleast 40mph.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

That is pretty much what happened in my case and I was following the flow of traffic but hey ho!! Although some nsc'ers seem to think I'm a master criminal etc and a luv :lolol:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
withdeanwombat said:
This sort of rubbish clogs the board almost on a weekly basis.

Speed limits are enforceable by law.Pay up,shut up,and DO try to drive more sensibly,there's a luv.
What he said

D

Deleted member 2719

gvce26 said:
That is pretty much what happened in my case and I was following the flow of traffic but hey ho!! Although some nsc'ers seem to think I'm a master criminal etc and a luv :lolol:

If i had the time i would have challenged the way it was done with no camera signs .
But you just know it's going to take your whole life up.

Do you know if the three points will up your insurance premium next time?

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here