Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Special striker?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Leon Best. ??? What a load of rubbish. Didn't score many at Coventry and is one of the reasons Hughton was sacked at Newcastle, they didn't trust him in the transfer market.

Charlie Austin would be a signing, but so would Nathan Tyson!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Indeed we do. There are some on here who think that Tony Bloom has not got the money, to go out and spend big to make sure we move into our 98million pound new stadium. Which he bankrolled and with season ticket money, corprate money, sponsership etc etc...Your all in for a big shock(well most of you are) very very soon. Oh how some people are going to change there tune, cant wait! Anyone that thinks this club is not thinking big and I mean very big, is the deluded one. Or is multi millionaire Mr Bloom some sort of mug??....Jump on the rollercoaster its going to be one hell of a ride, next few years!!

Sounds good to me

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
I'd say Noone is a special one and thats the sort of mould/

Some of these names are fantasy stuff.

Not correct - this is fantasy stuff....

Melissa Theuriau... :wink:

melissa+theuriau+Sept+08.jpg

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
can't see none being the special one. Can't say I had even heard of him before this season

Your right, Noone is not the big signing. But how times change, we spend £250k/£450k on a player and he is not the big signing. Couple of years ago, Noone would not only have been the "special one" he would have been treated like the resurrection of Chirst...Well it is xmas!!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Leon Best. ??? What a load of rubbish. Didn't score many at Coventry and is one of the reasons Hughton was sacked at Newcastle, they didn't trust him in the transfer market.

Charlie Austin would be a signing, but so would Nathan Tyson!

are you joking? best would be a class signing. hes linked with leeds so unlikey to join us. some people need to get in the real world. we are talking about strikers well out of our league.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Your right, Noone is not the big signing. But how times change, we spend £250k/£450k on a player and he is not the big signing. Couple of years ago, Noone would not only have been the "special one" he would have been treated like the resurrection of Chirst...Well it is xmas!!

Do you know who the signing is then? And if you do, is it likely he will join us, and would you imagine it will be soon?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Do you know who the signing is then? And if you do, is it likely he will join us, and would you imagine it will be soon?

All I will say is, that I belive no one knows nothing for certain. I would not lead anyone up the garden path, as it were. What I am lead to belive is true, is that the powers that be want auto promotion, nothing less. If the players become avalible and want to come, the funds are there. I cant say no more, I would never break a confidence....Im very excited, cant say no more than that.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Indeed we do. There are some on here who think that Tony Bloom has not got the money, to go out and spend big to make sure we move into our 98million pound new stadium. Which he bankrolled and with season ticket money, corprate money, sponsership etc etc...Your all in for a big shock(well most of you are) very very soon. Oh how some people are going to change there tune, cant wait! Anyone that thinks this club is not thinking big and I mean very big, is the deluded one. Or is multi millionaire Mr Bloom some sort of mug??....Jump on the rollercoaster its going to be one hell of a ride, next few years!!

I'm sure the club are thinking big and i'm not suggestion TB doesn't have the money to go out and spend on players. We've already spent 300k on a LW. What i'm saying is that players like Eidur Gudjohnsson, Robbie Keane and
Michael Owen are NOT going to be coming here regardless of how much we throw at them. We'll probably sign a decent enough championship striker that will help get us promoted (Nathan Tyson is probably the most plausible "bigger" name i've seen). We won't be signing a "household name" like some people seem to think though.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
That depends whos household your in...My Mums heard of David Beckham and Owen but she hasn't heard of Defoe or Bent!!...It will be big enough to get us excited but I agree with you to a point. I dont think it will be Keane, Owen etc etc.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Gudjohnson would be a sensation in Div 1 and has the experience and skill to be a success in the Championship, which you cant say for many in our present squad.
The new stadium requires a few jewels, signing Gudjonson would bring in others of his class,bring it on.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Been looking at this: The deadwood in your squad

The following might be interesting:

Shane Long
Simon Cox
Danny Webber

Any of those would be great.
Quite a few players who i've always thought looked like decent footballers on the few times i've seen them on that list, Brian Howard, Chris Iwelumo, Nathan Tyson, Mcanuff, Tyrone Mears. All would be on big wages, but suprising what i thought were quality players are considered deadwood.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
All I will say is, that I belive no one knows nothing for certain. I would not lead anyone up the garden path, as it were. What I am lead to belive is true, is that the powers that be want auto promotion, nothing less. If the players become avalible and want to come, the funds are there. I cant say no more, I would never break a confidence....Im very excited, cant say no more than that.

There's so many double negatives in there, I can't tell what you are saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here