Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Special guest at the Amex on Saturday

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blimey, not seen him in YEARS.

Brighton and Hove Albion have today announced that Comedian and celebrity Ipswich Town fan Russ Abbott will be the guest of honour at the Amex on Saturday, and will be interviewed pitchside by matchday presenter Richard Reynolds during the half time interval.

Abbott, now 64 and famous for his 1980's entertainment show "Russ Abbots Madhouse", has been invited to the Seagull's Championship match against Ipswich Town by Albion director Derek Chapman, a long time friend and admirer of the madcap comic. It is hoped that, time permitting, Abbott can be persuaded to sing his 1984 hit "Atmosphere" to the sellout Amex Crowd. However fans are being advised by the club "not to bank on it" as the crazy 80's japester is known to be in poor health and suffering from epilepsy.

_639727_chris_tarrant150.jpg

Abbott (above) was partially blinded in one eye after an accident involving an irish wolfhound and a wind turbine in 1993, during the filming of a sketch with legendary funnyman Les Dennis. As a result he has since been unable to walk unaided due to his balance being permanently impaired. Abbott successfully sued ITV and Les Dennis for damages though, and with the resulting payout has built and maintains a successful lizard farm in Felixstowe.

Fans meeting Russ Abbott before or after the game are politely requested not to make eye contact with the ailing comic, as this can trigger a fit.

For a chance of winning a pair of tickets to Saturdays game, answer this question: Who was Les Dennis's famous 80's comedy sidekick ? Was it:

A - Lenny Henry
B - Spit the Dog
C - Bernie Clifton

Text your answer A, B or C to 86445. Texts will cost £1.00 plus your standard message rate. The winner will be notified by text at 6pm tomorrow.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That is Chris Tarrant, f*** you Easy just realised - bastardos

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Frankly, if he doesn't do the interview as C. U. Jimmy (c/w kilt, ginger wig & tam), I'll be joining the longest queue in the concourse - regardless of what it's for. So there.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't he have some tasty blond piece using his cock as a step up into the world of Z list celebrity and stardom?

Amanda Holden

Easy: do we know if TV funnyman Abbott will be bringing his hilarious comedy sidekick, Bella Emberg?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why is it only text entries whatever happened to "answers on a post card to.....". I still have a stock of 238 from 1983 when I tried to win a trip to the "runaround" studio to have a private gameshow session with Mike "teeerrriiiffiicc" Reid and seven of my friends

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
ps Will the ol' funmeister be doing the genre-changing Basildon Bond's Madhouse Mix version of "Atmosphere"; & if not why not?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I believe that the ACTUAL HT guest on Saturday, is the absolute LEGEND that is Sir Garry Nelson :clap: :clap:

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Just bet my mate in the pub £5 he couldn't guess who it was in 3 attempts...........lucky c**t got it on the 3rd go !!!

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was going to tell you all about the many times i have met and spoken to russ when i used to live in Ascot and at golf tournaments at wentworth,until i realised its a pisstake so i wont bother now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here