Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sparrow...

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
If anyone think sparrow would be a make-weight for murray, think again! If you follow him on twitter he throws in digs at croydon and palace constantly and gets abuse off the pikeys for doing so. He would NEVER go there!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What is Sparrow's wage? I do not know it but if its more than Harley and Dicker then I can see why its him. I couldn't choose between them personally all squad players. Crofts Vicente and Bridders are better.
I would think Harley is on the biggest wage of the three. Probably Harley>Sparrow>Dicker just going bu when they were signed, who from etc, although Dicker I think got a new contract when we went up so there's probably not much difference between him and Sparrow.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
There are a few I would like to see go before Sparrow. Plenty of championship experience and the longer he plays the more settled he looks, stupid red cards at wrong times. Plenty of dead weight ahead of him at club taking up wages. Getting rid of Sparrow can only weaken the squad in midfield if the likes of Harley are still drawing a wage. Having said that, I doubt there is a long queue of club waiting to take over Harley's contract, we could be stuck with him.

I totally agree with that Kev, he is a very useful squad player. I know you can't, but I'd keep him just for that double against Stains in January. :)

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
There are a few I would like to see go before Sparrow. Plenty of championship experience and the longer he plays the more settled he looks, stupid red cards at wrong times. Plenty of dead weight ahead of him at club taking up wages. Getting rid of Sparrow can only weaken the squad in midfield if the likes of Harley are still drawing a wage. Having said that, I doubt there is a long queue of club waiting to take over Harley's contract, we could be stuck with him.

100% this - red cards f***ed him up at the wrong time. Shame really like him as a player.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Like a lot on here would prefer to see other players go before Sparrow and Vincelot having taken time to travel to Swindon on Tuesday to witness the most abject performance since Watford away bar Bruno, Bridge and Bridcutt. Think Sparrow can still do a good job and likely to get on the scoresheet more regularly then Dixey and Harley. But only my opinion.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
100% this - red cards f***ed him up at the wrong time. Shame really like him as a player.
Quite a few people say this about the red cards as if they were something that just happened to him, it's not like he got injured or something, he got stupidly sent off two games in a row. I doubt Gus was happy about it or just thinking what bad luck.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Quite a few people say this about the red cards as if they were something that just happened to him, it's not like he got injured or something, he got stupidly sent off two games in a row. I doubt Gus was happy about it or just thinking what bad luck.

Oh really i thought the red cards happened to someone else... like i said they f***ed him up.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Oh really i thought the red cards happened to someone else... like i said they f***ed him up.
But to say "they f***ed him up" kind of implies that 'they' are somehow removed from him, rather than the result of his actions on the football pitch.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
But to say "they f***ed him up" kind of implies that 'they' are somehow removed from him, rather than the result of his actions on the football pitch.

I think its symantics - you know what i mean. If he hadnt got sent off twice in close sucession (cant remember the nature of the cards really but i dont remember them being terrible reds eg twatting someone Greer stylie) he was on a good run of form. Getting sent off f***ed him up as he was out of the team and seems have paid a heavy price now by being told he can look for another club. I find it frustrating as i think he is a much better player than harley. Lets face it we may as well play with 10 men when harley is on the pitch as he contributes zero.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I think I read somewhere that Sparrow had the most career appearances to his name in last years squad?

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I think its symantics - you know what i mean. If he hadnt got sent off twice in close sucession (cant remember the nature of the cards really but i dont remember them being terrible reds eg twatting someone Greer stylie) he was on a good run of form. Getting sent off f***ed him up as he was out of the team and seems have paid a heavy price now by being told he can look for another club. I find it frustrating as i think he is a much better player than harley. Lets face it we may as well play with 10 men when harley is on the pitch as he contributes zero.

Yes but consider this. Arguably our best performance last year was with 9 men v Burnley. So why not just start with 9 every game , save some wages, buy a decent striker and get rid of Harley and any other no hopers!!!

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I think I read somewhere that Sparrow had the most career appearances to his name in last years squad?

Bridders started moat games last season. Sparrow was sent off against burnly late on I believe. Then came on as a sub at forest got a cheap yellow. Then pulled guediora back as a professional foul so 2nd yellow. Silly really as he scored a blunder against saints.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think it is a semantic argument because I think the cards probably have to do with how Sparrow plays, so it's like saying he's f***ed over by not being a better player. He was playing quite well at the time but I don't think he's got too many other people to blame at least. I would probably keep him (or Vincelot) over Harley but who knows, I can only assume Gus still thinks he can get more from Harley than we have so far.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Bridders started moat games last season. Sparrow was sent off against burnly late on I believe. Then came on as a sub at forest got a cheap yellow. Then pulled guediora back as a professional foul so 2nd yellow. Silly really as he scored a blunder against saints.

No it was v leicester and forest. My mate only saw 2 brighton games last year and saw Sparrow sent off twice...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England

CAREER appearances

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would take Sparrow ahead of Dicker and Harley any day of the week, so will be sad to see him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here