Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sparrow Joins Crawley (merged threads)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great signing for Crawley, good luck to Matt.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
That was a very enjoyable away trip it's fair to say, especially after all the bitterness about the Greer deal.

And lets not forget the goal against Saints.

Indeed.

Sparrow vs Southampton.gif

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
That was a very enjoyable away trip it's fair to say, especially after all the bitterness about the Greer deal.

And lets not forget the goal against Saints.
"Where's your captain gone?" :clap2:

A couple of superb braces that'll live long in the memory - cheers Matt.

D

Deleted member 18477

sparrow has improved massively since playing under gus. do crawley play good football? i havent seen them play ever?

cheers sparrow for the wonder strike against saints! never forget that game. an absolutely brilliant day!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Delighted for Sparrow that he's finally got out of here, not sure what he did to upset Gus but he deserves to be playing football and not frozen out so am glad he's finally getting that chance again

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Really pleased he has finally got fixed up with a club. He put in some decent workmanlike performances last season & can count himself unlucky not to have played a role this season.

Matt is a good signing for Crawley.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I've certainly never understood what Hammond offers us, for example, that Sparrow doesn't, and Sparrow is more mobile of the two. Good luck, Matt - an integral part of a championship-winning side, a good player and, as people have mentioned, provider of some fabulous memories.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Agree with most of what has been said. Great signing for Crawley, and I wish him all the best. Decent player who perhaps didn't get much of a run (especially last season). Good luck Matt.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Pleased for Matt as I know he wanted to stay down this way. Crawley have got themselves a good box to box player there.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
"Where's your captain gone?" :clap2:

A couple of superb braces that'll live long in the memory - cheers Matt.

"There is absolutely no chance you'll beat us today. None. We were really unlucky in the play-off final and should be playing in the Championship, you're just a midtable team not really going anywhere. Poyet is a big name but not necessarily a good manager and the players you've signed aren't exactly brilliant are they. Greer's not as good as you think he is and he's not playing anyway. Ankergren always struggles at the CG (County Ground) and we've strengthened the team. It will be a comfortable home win on our way to Promotion this season. I don't mean to be rude and I'm sure you've got a chance of making the play offs if you can get Murray fit and El-Abd or Elphick can cover for Greer when he makes his mistakes. But we're a better team than you are and we'll finish above you, deffinitely."

:lolol: I searched through Facebook to find that quote. It keeps me warm at night. She didn't reply to any texts during the game and I got a misely, "1 down, 45 to go" or something like it afterward.

Sparrowwwwwwwwwwwwwww :bowdown:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sparrow to Crawley

He struggled with form, one game would be brilliant the next completely anonymous and got sent off everytime he looked to have a decent run of games in the side- he gave us some great moments but lets not pretend that he ripped league 1 apart or that he should have a place in our team now.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He rarely featured for us in L1...

Hmm... Strange how memory can be distorted even in a short amount of time. Even so, the 'rare' occasions he did feature for us, he was good, no? Charlton away being one example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here