Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spare a thought! (PAFC)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Spare a thought (PAFC) - aahh Plymouth Argyle thread......

and here was me thinking it stood for

Spare a though Palace Are f***ing Crap

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It took a while to get all on board with us and the official Supporters Club very much backed the official line until it became apparent they had indeed been mugged. Then, tbf, they became very active in the fight for OUR club.

As for Dick Knight, he saved the club once the asset strippers had done their stuff. He never claimed to be the richest man in the world and, indeed, didn't have half the wealth of the bastards he took over from.

He kept the club going through many setbacks and times when most others, including me, had just about given up hope. That may not be good enough for a small number of Albion fans and he's a LEGEND to most of us.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It took a while to get all on board with us and the official Supporters Club very much backed the official line until it became apparent they had indeed been mugged. Then, tbf, they became very active in the fight for OUR club.

As for Dick Knight, he saved the club once the asset strippers had done their stuff. He never claimed to be the richest man in the world and, indeed, didn't have half the wealth of the bastards he took over from.

He kept the club going through many setbacks and times when most others, including me, had just about given up hope. That may not be good enough for a small number of Albion fans and he's a LEGEND to most of us.

This. Too many people seem to either not know our recent history or be willing to rewrite it.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Scrap that. It's a wind up :facepalm:

Yep, I fell for that one too, more would have but for the fact very few Argyle fans would actually know who Bill Archer was and what he represented. As a regular Albion attendee at the Goldstone I shat a brick when I saw the name.

It seems a lot of the fanbase are burying their head in the sand and declaring they just want us to survive - AT ANY COST. This cost is too high though and I for one would rather we went bust and started again than carry Peter Ridsdale round shoulder high and have our ground hived off to a dubious offshore consortium in a country where directorships don't need to be named.

AFC Argyle?, watch this space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here