Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain v New Zealand

Spain v New Zealand is surely on a par with England v Andorra. The already feeble Oceania zone was dealt a massive blow by FIFA's inexplicable decision to allow the Australian FA to switch to Asia, leaving it with New Zealand and the Solomon Islands as its two leading countries. Maybe New Zealand should have had to win a play-off to enter these finals, as they will have to do to reach the World Cup Finals.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Just seen the Spanish line-up...

Two words spring to mind and the second is 'awesome'!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
New Zealand only lost 4-3 in Italy a few days ago and held a half-time lead. Hardly a thrashing.

I can't feel sorry for lightweight no-mark teams or from second-rate footballing countries (in other words - not even their number-one sport). The World Cup finals for instance. are supposed to be for the cream of football, the best qualifiers. If Paraguay make the tournament instead of New Zealand, then ...great!
Do I prefer to see NZ make it, then be whipping-boys at the cruxible of the beautiful game? Then watch to see the only contention they bring is for the goal-differences to their oppositions?
If they can't play qualla soccerball, they can stay at home with their sheep, and their hobbitses.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
This, for me, shows how SHIT England are compared to teams like Spain. OK, NZ aren't MUCH better than Kazakhstan, but their full internationals, some playing in the Premiership. Spain are taking this as a walk in the park. Compared to England struggling for 50 odd minutes the other week.

We'll never win a major tournament. At least not in my lifetime.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here