Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain v England

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
chez said:
Quite right, I totally agree. Mind you, tonight I would have actually enjoyed seeing the English Lads kick off with those bigoted wankers. :angry:

If you're talking about the fans (as opposed to the players) it still might.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
An absolutely pathetic, petulant and inept display from England. How they can say they wear the shirt with pride is beyond me, not even a shot on goal!

As to the racist chanting, we all know that Spain will get a derisory fine from Fifa and a slap on the wrist, however if it had happen in England and an English crowd were doing it, then there would've been calls for us to be slung out of every competition going.

Grizz

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
chez said:
Yeah I was. It would have been good to see the Spanish Players actually make a stand though. There was a point where they had a corner and all the chanting was happening where he could have just refused to take the corner until they stopped. OK, not likely to happen but it would have sent a message.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Complete an utter rubbish, almost fell asleep in the 2nd half.
Crap passing, bad tempered players, how many shots on goal?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
can anyone remember a worse performance?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Confirms to me why I prefer watching our level of football these days. It's more honest and the players aren't so far up their own rectums.

I can't watch these 'top level' games without getting pissed off with all of the diving and cheating.

IT'S A MAN'S GAME-PLAY IT LIKE IT STILL IS:angry:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
that was the worst shit for years. post-match sven said we were better in the second half. i think that was when we relised that a ball was on the pitch and the idea was not to keep kicking the spanish. we did manage from promising positons to endevour to get the ball back to our keeper at all times, therefore restricting the need to have a shot. beckham showed his true qualities firstly as a captain (rudderless ship comes to mind) and secondly as aplayer , if he wasn't passing back he was giving it away, and he still can't manage to get the ball up and over the first defender when taking a corner. absolute shit!!!
rooney has always shown petulance but now his with m utd he's completely lost it. he needs a good f***ing kicking. sven takes him off and brings on nice boy smith. his reputation is no better but his so slow he just couldn't catch any of them to kick.
apart from that well done lads. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

and to our weak minded prat in charge :tosser:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Jeez, that was poor. Compare the quality of Spain's midfield with ours. I didn't know Lampard was playing until half an hour had gone and I can remember one decent pass from Beckham.

I know it's only a friendly and it's nothing to get worked up about, but friendlies should be used to assess who's in form or not and at the moment Beckham's not cutting it. This is not just about the match tonight but about his last few games.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
We lacked ability, technique, tactical nous & we didn't channel our passion/aggression in the right way. Not one single attempt on target FFS!!!

We looked years behind Spain tonight, which is the really depressing thing for me.

The only plus point I can think of is that it was only 1-0 to a crap goal.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
If you weren't such loyal England fans you would know that they always play that badly. Sometimes they get lucky and win, but they are always boring to watch. How many times has someone on here said "we were crap but a win is a win..." International football is a complete waste of space IMHO.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You name it, we lacked it. Ideas, skill, etc.:nono:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Hav'nt read the thread, just posting my 2 pence worth:

Aside from the Racist shite England themselves were shite! No passion (aside from Rooney), no movement, no instinct to get forward, they lacked everything last night. Robinson made a great save that the dumbarse ref gave a penalty for then Robbo made a terrific save from the spot and that for me was the ONLY highlight from a stupidly terrible performance from England.
I used to sort of stand by Sven but bow I'm starting to see his failings, he lacks the drive to motivate the players, he got scared of Rooney putting his weight around so subbed him...that was ridiculous, if we did that all the time then Batty/Ince would never of played for England!
The defence was run all over the place, Cole had a horrible game, the midfield was pants...did Lampard play at all?!? The forwards never got the ball so cant really comment too much on them.

We need changes and by that I mean someone to give them a kick up the arse, the players (Becks, Owen, Neville especially) have too much influence over Sven, we need someone to sort them out. Yes it was just a friendly but when they put on an England shirt we expect them to actually try their best but last night they just faffed about.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Most inept England performance in years, in a truly pointless game. This game was a superb advert for scrapping friendly internationals. Crap performance, played in a nasty atmosphere with racist abuse from all around the ground! :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here